Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Will UA do check-in for TK at IAH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Club Premier, AmEx Plat, Priority Pass

Hey guys,

One question as I have never been in this situation; I will be arriving to IAH with an LCC (Interjet) at 8:00 am and I will take the TK flight to IST which departs at 20:30.

As there's almost a 0% chance that Interjet will check-in my luggage to IST, do you know if it's possible that UA checks me in for the IST flight that early? or at least checks-in the luggage? I don't know the specific arrangements of TK at IAH but I think that they operate their own check-in counters right? If so, the earliest they will be open should be 16:30...

The point is that I'm trying to get rid off my checked-in luggage for the day so maybe I can get out of the airport or at least relax with just the carry-on luggage. Do you have any ideas? I was considering renting a car and then go to a mall to do some shopping but I don't know where could be safe enough to leave my luggage with almost all my life inside the car without risking to be stolen...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
UA won't check in for TK unless you're originating on a UA flight, even then TK makes you re-check in essentially and get an actualTK boarding pass (this can be done airside).

There are plenty of nice parts of Houston where I wouldn't be nervous about luggage totally out of sight in the trunk of a car. If you're not comfortable with that though then get a cheapish hotel and use as a day room. That's what I typically do in countries where car trunks are more vulnerable to theft. Something like Ibis, Motel 6, Super 8, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.