Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*G help with reroute?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:30 am
Original Poster

*G help with reroute?

I have upcoming europe award on AC, UA ticketed, no UA flights. AC has only one flight/day from MCI. If that flight is late/cancelled would my TK*G be of any help in reroute for same day travel (on UA)? Would I have to be at the airport and show card, or if I see problems can I call UA for help? I can't put my TK number on the record because UA will not allow any other carrier on the PNR for an award flight record. No current status on UA or AC.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:59 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It's UA that issued the ticket on reward inventory. If your flight is cancelled for reasons on the part of AC, it will be AC's problem to re-ticket you into a paid inventory bucket to your first destination. It has nothing to do with TK or Star Gold Status.

Since you will have access to all seats, you likely won't need to take advantage of the star gold priority standby.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
On the day of travel, the late-delivering / non-delivering carrier, e.g. AC, is responsible for the reroute. At all other times, it is the ticketing carrier, e.g. UA.

The real task is for you to figure out what you want so that if your travel goes sideways, you ask for specific flights rather than leaving yourself at the mercy of a harried GA.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
On the day of travel, the late-delivering / non-delivering carrier, e.g. AC, is responsible for the reroute. At all other times, it is the ticketing carrier, e.g. UA.

The real task is for you to figure out what you want so that if your travel goes sideways, you ask for specific flights rather than leaving yourself at the mercy of a harried GA.
But there is no AC agent in MCI, UA does the handling. My past UA experience was with UA as the originating carrier being late and the checkin agent deferred the connection problem to the transit desk in ORD. You think if I have a few possible connections to show the checkin agent will try to get them, rather than have me wait for the next day AC flight?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is AC's responsibility. As an AC pax in IRROPS, you will generally be instructed to call AC. Just have those options in hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.