Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Do any airlines match TK *Gold Status

Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold

I currently have TK Gold Status and will not requalify. My status is expiring in two months. Are there any *A partners that will status match my current TK status?

I think not but thought it worth checking. Apologies if I missed previous threads, I searched and couldn't find anything.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
As far as I know, TK is the only *A that status matches within its own alliance. Normally, bonus programs only match from other alliances.

You could try a work around, match your TK *G to another alliance, and then match that status back to another *A-program.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by superspudbucket
I currently have TK Gold Status and will not requalify. My status is expiring in two months. Are there any *A partners that will status match my current TK status?

I think not but thought it worth checking. Apologies if I missed previous threads, I searched and couldn't find anything.
So you weren't flying enough to qualify, got free status from TK 2 years ago, still haven't flown enough to meet TKs relatively easy requirements and want to extend your free status for another year or two with another match?

Most airlines doing a status match want your mileage statements as well as your card copy. If you have no supporting activity for the match then may still not be easy going.

NZ used to match other *A members if you could convince them you'd be flying NZ metal frequently, don't know if they still do or not, nor is their Airpoints program free. You do have to be a member before inquiring, so up to you if that's worth joining or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.