Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which *A carriers offer discounted kids fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kmcbrid2
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:54 am
Original Poster

I noticed that when I booked with Eva air that the kids under 12 were discounted against a full adult fare which presents a great value proposition since I have three kids.

Can anyone advise which other carriers in *A also discount kids fares?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred

One time I put a halloween dog costume on my child and then put him on the plane as a pet in the cargo hold. It was only 45$. That might be a good way to save.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by smith80678
One time I put a halloween dog costume on my child and then put him on the plane as a pet in the cargo hold. It was only 45$. That might be a good way to save.
That was really helpful, wasn't it?

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I noticed that when I booked with Eva air that the kids under 12 were discounted against a full adult fare which presents a great value proposition since I have three kids.

Can anyone advise which other carriers in *A also discount kids fares?
AFAIK, NZ, LH, SQ and UA do offer discount for kids between 2-11. However, the discount is usually only on full fares, not if the fares are already heavily discounted.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek

AFAIK, NZ, LH, SQ and UA do offer discount for kids between 2-11. However, the discount is usually only on full fares, not if the fares are already heavily discounted.
Good to know and thanks for the information. I know my fare with Eva was not a full fare so I guess they provide discount regardless of the fare type.

I'm curious of NH and Asiana offer discounted kids fares regardless.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
LX, LH (probably also OS and SN) have a discount (25%) on the base fare.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The super duper low fares (especially on regional flights) never have CHD discounts, but as you climb the fare ladder, 10/25/50% is not uncommon. The real hard hit is when your 'child' turns 12. This is when you only find some YTH fares on some airlines via special agents.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Air Canada does. For example, YYC-HKG is 25% off for children 2 to 11.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Air Canada does. For example, YYC-HKG is 25% off for children 2 to 11.
Nice, thanks! This is for all fares?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1P

NH offered discount fare SFO-BKK for our infant who had has own seat (we brought his car seat on board with us and he sat in that). He's younger than 2, though.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by vbroucek
That was really helpful, wasn't it?

NZ do have child fares on long haul travel only. It is a 25% discount on long-term premium economy and economy fares (so not Business).

Domestically, trans-Tasman, and Pacific Island flights do not have child discounts on any fares.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:51 pm

TAM gives discounts & IIRC, fare class immaterial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.