Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Heathrow T2 - Which Lounge AC or UC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:04 am
Original Poster

I am flying out of T2 for the first time on Wednesday (TA Business to Tbilisi). Anyone got any advice on which lounge to use, I think I have access to the UC Club or the AC Maple Leaf Lounge?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: SK Diamond
The United Club is in my opinion the best lounge available right now (still awaiting Singapore Airlines lounge though). For the record, AC isn't bad either.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:52 am

I prefer AC
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
The Cottage (Shepherd's) Pie I had in the United Club was the best I have had anywhere. Better than restaurants.

The lounge was great. I have not been to the Maple Leaf club in T2.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: Continental *A Gold
I was in both lounges a few weeks ago. As I had left the airport during my layover for a pub lunch, I was not hungry but both lounges appeared to have the exact same little afternoon sandwiches & nibbles. The bubbly in both was of equal quality, both French ( not big names) but the AC was pink.
Both have showers and quiet areas, only real difference is the bar. UA has a long bar facing the tarmac while AC's is in a dim back room.
I'm looking forward to the Singapore lounge on my next swing through.
BTW it is a 20 min walk from security, take the lift as it is a very long escalator ride down.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
Any updates? According to star alliance.com both SK and SQ have moved to T2 but their lounges are still shown as being in T3. Are the US and AC lounges still the only two available?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WillFlyer
Any updates? According to star alliance.com both SK and SQ have moved to T2 but their lounges are still shown as being in T3. Are the US and AC lounges still the only two available?
The Lufthansa lounge is now open in T2A but the opening of the SQ lounge has been delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.