Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best *A option FRA-PHL in C?

Best *A option FRA-PHL in C?

Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Question Best *A option FRA-PHL in C?

All - what is the best *A option in C FRA-PHL end September?

LH only has D fares left for my required dates and I'd like to try and see if there are alternatives.

Primarily I am interested in comfort on board, and no more than 1x connection.

Thank you all for your help!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Let me expand -

For example: I'm considering AC with a connection YYC. Madness or good option?

Or better to go to the darkside (OW)?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I'd suggest AC, but connecting in YYZ ( unless YYC is really faster, which I doubt).
More comfortable than LH for sure. All fully flat pods.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Why not FRA-EWR-ZFV? UA has flatbeds on that route. LH is operating an A346 (I think), and the ones X: FRA have the older C seats.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Why not FRA-EWR-ZFV? UA has flatbeds on that route. LH is operating an A346 (I think), and the ones X: FRA have the older C seats.
I'm flying FRA-PHL later this year on LH and I am booked on a 3-class plane with 2-class service. If OP is SEN or HON he/she could snag a F seat for free and travel in style. Service will be J.

However as far as I understand, OP finds the D fare too expensive, so the point is kind of moot. A cheaper option (but not *A) would be through BRU and then BRU-PHL with US.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for everyones response. I am indeed looking for something less than the D fare, mainly out of principal since my company pays (feel like I'm being scalped by LH ).

The idea of FRA-YYZ-PHL is a good one. Unfortunately the direct LH flight is on a 2 class 340-300, however quite possibly on new C seats according to http://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/Busin...ss-Ausstattung. Decisions decisions....

Alternatively of course I could finally use the situation to start my transition to OW...? Any suggestions :

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.