Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

K booking class on Lufthansa, operate by Air Canada

Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi,

Do I earn UA miles for K booking class on Lufthansa, operate by Air Canada ?

(LH) Lufthansa 6790 from MUC to YYZ though.

Advise ?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

If K class on LH maps to K on AC, then you would earn 100% on UA MP.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

How to I know if K LH is map to K on AC ?
I talked to the agent, they only told me K on LH, do they know as well the code-share booking class ? I haven't booked the ticket yet, I just need to make sure I earn 100% on UA.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
How to I know if K LH is map to K on AC?
By purchasing a ticket. There's no other way to know for sure.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
By purchasing a ticket. There's no other way to know for sure.
You are better off buying the ticket with the AC flight number, not the code share flight, that way you will know the class for sure. I presume you are buying it from LH, ask them to put down the AC flight.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
You are better off buying the ticket with the AC flight number, not the code share flight, that way you will know the class for sure.
I'm assuming the codeshare is significantly cheaper - that's really the only reason to ever consider one.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:09 am

Probably bad news, but if you use Lufthansa, K class is a big fat ZERO. If it's Air Canada, it looks like 100% base miles. If you see Lufthansa's code cheaper, that's probably why.
Ref: Star Alliance Partner Mileage Charts

I was looking for credit for a Lufthansa US to Germany flight from last Spring which is how I found out about this.

Giant to Lufthansa. Also last spring they had a strike and they called it a "Force Majeure". Shows you what they think of customers.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH codeshare K on the transatlantic segment will map onto AC K.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by UnAllianced
Probably bad news, but if you use Lufthansa, K class is a big fat ZERO. If it's Air Canada, it looks like 100% base miles. If you see Lufthansa's code cheaper, that's probably why.
Ref: Star Alliance Partner Mileage Charts
The code share shouldn't matter. The operating carrier will and as Oliver said LH K will book into AC K which should earn 100% on MileagePlus.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
i thought star/united did operating carrier fare rules vs codeshare? Am i wrong?

I always thought a air canada codeshare on LH metal in K class also earn no miles on united?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt
i thought star/united did operating carrier fare rules vs codeshare? Am i wrong?
No, you are correct.

Originally Posted by bbmatt
I always thought a air canada codeshare on LH metal in K class also earn no miles on united?
If it's K on LH, that is correct. But that's also the opposite situation from the OP (LH codeshare on AC metal).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.