Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in Frankfurt for United first class FRA-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

I booked my mom an award ticket that has layover in Frankfurt - going first class FRA-SFO, will she have access to any lounge like the Lufthansa business class lounge? Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by adela77
I booked my mom an award ticket that has layover in Frankfurt - going first class FRA-SFO, will she have access to any lounge like the Lufthansa business class lounge? Thank you.
Access to the LH Sen lounge for a pax flying UA F. Also, the AC Maple Leaf Lounge.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is nice but I think it would be best if your mom went to the Senator Lounge nearest to her departure gate. It is likely to be the Senator Lounge on the way to gate Z50.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: *void

+1 for the AC MLL. Barely 8-10 people there during my last visit in mid-July, around 4p-6p. The showers were available without a queue. Closer to departure time I went to the closest LH Senator lounge and it was like a zoo in there. So, if she has time, try the MLL.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I would check back regularly to see if LH space opens!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:18 am

We are arriving into FRA from SFO on UA F and have a 12 hour layover before heading down to Africa on Ethiopian C ticket. Can we go to senator lounge or AC lounge upon arrival with our UA F ticket that we just arrived on? Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goforit5
We are arriving into FRA from SFO on UA F and have a 12 hour layover before heading down to Africa on Ethiopian C ticket. Can we go to senator lounge or AC lounge upon arrival with our UA F ticket that we just arrived on? Thanks
Your best option is to go to the LH Welcome (Arrival) Lounge with your UA F BP. It's landside behind baggage claim B but I'm assuming you are planning to leave the airport during your layover. On your return to the airport use the AC MLL in pier B.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:32 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not as an arrivals lounge. But ET is a member of *A so you can visit AC lounge or LH business class lounge (or LH senator lounge if you have *G status).
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Your best option is to go to the LH Welcome (Arrival) Lounge with your UA F BP. It's landside behind baggage claim B but I'm assuming you are planning to leave the airport during your layover. On your return to the airport use the AC MLL in pier B.
Only if you're Premier Gold or Higher (or of course M&M Frequent Traveler or Higher)

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access

LH changed the welcome lounge access this year.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Originally Posted by WaxComb
Only if you're Premier Gold or Higher (or of course M&M Frequent Traveler or Higher)

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access

LH changed the welcome lounge access this year.
This is absolutely not true. A United Airlines arriving First Class Boarding Pass certainly gives access to the FRA Welcome lounge. It is even stated so on the webpage of the link you posted.

SWISS and United Airlines First Class boarding pass for an arriving intercontinental flight on the same day
Actually, the footnote on that page is even more specific:
(2) The following passengers may also access the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge at Frankfurt Airport:
- Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) arriving in Frankfurt
- Passengers arriving in Frankfurt after a Lufthansa intercontinental flight (First and Business Class) via Dusseldorf or Munich

Last edited by goodeats21; Nov 4, 2014 at 7:20 am Reason: added
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
I stand corrected. I don't read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.