Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

45 min connection OS-LO at VIE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

I have read about VIE's T3 and how the minimum connecting time can be as small as 30 min. However, I was reading information that this airport is not well laid out and those short connections aren't recommended. Should I feel ok about this connecting time (in January).
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I have read about VIE's T3 and how the minimum connecting time can be as small as 30 min. However, I was reading information that this airport is not well laid out and those short connections aren't recommended. Should I feel ok about this connecting time (in January).
2 weeks ago I had a 30 mins connection in VIE, the incoming was 20 mins late, because of the ...... layout I had to spend that entire 10 mins left waiting in the bus of walking in fast pace, but there was no problem in catching the flight.

I also often have 45 mins connection, in case I usually also do a half hour lounge visit. Small european hub airports rule, americans s*ck.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,

please let us know if you fly within schengen.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN
If you do a search on the Miles&More Forum , there are plenty of threads discussing connecting in VIE.
David
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Yes I am going to Warsaw after arriving from the USA. So it is Schengen. Does that mean I do not have to go to passport control?

Last edited by ASUDan130; Jul 27, 2014 at 4:29 pm
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
you are not flying just within schengen. you are arriving from non-schengen country. which means your first entry into schengen is in viena. so you will have to pass passport control there.
this could be anything from 30 seconds to ....
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I love transiting in VIE, but I would not recommend 30 minute connection there in January. Arrival/Departure delays happen more often in winter time... On the other hand, on one ticket it is worth trying - worst case scenario means you go on the next flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.