Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Arrival Lounges in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I know of ones in FRA, and ZRH. Is the one at the new T2 considered to be a Star Alliance lounge.

How do they compare?

I ask, because I am going from YOW to MAD for a conference in late Sept. One of many factors in booking an itinerary (with Star Alliance carriers) the the quality and services provided in such an arrivals lounge.

I have had experience with the BA LHR lounge in the 1990s (when CP was part of the One World alliance), the LH lounge in FRA 2-3 years ago; the LX lounge in ZRH perhaps 5 years ago, and the AC lounge periodically (in T3 of LHR) over the last few years.

I would say that I enjoyed the BA and LH arrival lounges the most.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC
The FRA and ZRH lounges are not *G lounges. Unless you have status with M&M, you can only access them if you are incoming in J or F on a LH or LX intercontinental flight, respectively.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by vroom
The FRA and ZRH lounges are not *G lounges. Unless you have status with M&M, you can only access them if you are incoming in J or F on a LH or LX intercontinental flight, respectively.

I know your points. I agree that the heading/title of my post, is misleading.

One factor in helping me decide which airline I go on for transatlantic routing (in business class) is the quality of these airline (non Star Alliance Gold) lounges.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Both are great.
Both are open only during the morning.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
LX is good for food and the sleeping rooms - LH FRA is good because of the great shower rooms and the smoking room actually in the lounge - As for airports - if you are just transiting ZRH is better - if your on a layover FRA is better because of the FRA Hilton and the accessibility to FRA downtown and much cheaper prices than ZRH -also ein bischen less Steril in FRA
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Arriving on TG F into ZRH connecting to UA Global first/business (I).
What are my best lounge access options for a five hour layover in ZRH ?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
What are my best lounge access options for a five hour layover in ZRH ?
Thanks in advance.
No lounge option, LX SEN/business lounge only.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
UA's I class is BusinessFirst, not Global First. Assuming no status you will have access to the LX Business Lounge in ZRH. With *G status or a ticket in O/Global First you get in to the SEN lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I am flying on AC from YUL to CDG later this week. In J class. I have Star Alliance Gold Status.
I believe I will be arriving in T2a.
From AC forum, I have learned that AC MLL can not be used as an arrivals lounge.
Can any other Star Alliance carrier lounges be used as an arrivals lounge?
OR

Is there a true Star Alliance arrivals lounge now open at CGD?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am flying on AC from YUL to CDG later this week. In J class. I have Star Alliance Gold Status.
I believe I will be arriving in T2a.
From AC forum, I have learned that AC MLL can not be used as an arrivals lounge.
Can any other Star Alliance carrier lounges be used as an arrivals lounge?
OR

Is there a true Star Alliance arrivals lounge now open at CGD?
*A lounges are departure lounges. A few *A carriers operate their own arrivals lounges at their own hubs but there's nothing at CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.