Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei
So some changes are apparently coming to security access that I think people on long layovers at LAX will like.

I heard from a friend that works at LAX that TSA at the airport is going to allow passengers with a valid day-of boarding pass from any terminal to go through security at any terminal starting May 1, 2014. I think it is great for people on long layovers especially with the lack of food options pre-security at TBIT right now. On the other hand I wonder if this change will make the lounge a lot more crowded?
Unless there are more people staffing security, and more use of airside inter-terminal buses, I can't see this being good. Worse queues at security and the best lounges will become much more crowded.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Unless there are more people staffing security, and more use of airside inter-terminal buses, I can't see this being good. Worse queues at security and the best lounges will become much more crowded.
I suspect that only a very small number of additional pax will (a) qualify for *A lounge access, (b) be aware they may access the *A lounge, and (c) be willing to make the trek to TBIT and clear security twice.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect that only a very small number of additional pax will (a) qualify for *A lounge access, (b) be aware they may access the *A lounge, and (c) be willing to make the trek to TBIT and clear security twice.
I'm thinking that word will get out. How long your layover is will be the limiting factor. Getting to take a shower at any one of the lounges is better than making a trek out to the hotel, IMO.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'm thinking that word will get out. How long your layover is will be the limiting factor. Getting to take a shower at any one of the lounges is better than making a trek out to the hotel, IMO.
and a nice *A lounge is better than no lounge at all for UA *G flying UA (and not on an international itinerary).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
and a nice *A lounge is better than no lounge at all for UA *G flying UA (and not on an international itinerary).
Yes that will be awesome assuming they don't impose some "international only" restriction on UA pax.

But consider the IAD LH lounge - despite an active thread on the UA forum about right to access on a domestic itinerary, it's by no means overwhelmed. We are a minutely small minority of travelers here on FT.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:59 pm

I've given up on lounge access at LAX! Decided to fly in the day before and overnight near LAX with a late checkout time.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:42 am

Is it in effect now? I will have PVG-LAX-EWR with 6 hrs layover in Nov. I just want to find a quite place to take a nap. The UC in terminal 6/7 doesn't have a private room. I was thinking to go to the *A lounge in TBIT.

So some changes are apparently coming to security access that I think people on long layovers at LAX will like.

I heard from a friend that works at LAX that TSA at the airport is going to allow passengers with a valid day-of boarding pass from any terminal to go through security at any terminal starting May 1, 2014. I think it is great for people on long layovers especially with the lack of food options pre-security at TBIT right now. On the other hand I wonder if this change will make the lounge a lot more crowded?
Old May 31, 2014, 6:03 pm

Yes, this works. Just allow extra time for security.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM
Any recent successful reports? Flying out on UA out of T6 tonight and looking to spend some time in TBIT...
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Also looking for any recent reports of successful access of TBIT lounge without BP departing from that terminal. I've got *G with TK, and a long domestic layover coming up.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:04 pm

You'll get thru security no problem. Actually I got really lucky, as I was flying UA Domestic F to EWR the lounge attendant directed me to the First Class lounge before I had time to explain I was actually flying domestic F and not Intl F. Oh well
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GrizNation
You'll get thru security no problem. Actually I got really lucky, as I was flying UA Domestic F to EWR the lounge attendant directed me to the First Class lounge before I had time to explain I was actually flying domestic F and not Intl F. Oh well
Awesome, thanks! I'm flying domestic F so maybe I'll get lucky as well.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by DWooderson
Awesome, thanks! I'm flying domestic F so maybe I'll get lucky as well.
I mean the attendants seem like they are not used to dealing with United so I don't think they know the difference. You should definitely give it a try!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by GrizNation
Happened to me too. But guys, we don't really want this that publicized right?? Then UA will issue a notice to the *A lounge and NZ lounge and soon enough it'll turn into the SQ lounge at SFO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.