Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by docbert
Officially even then she wouldn't be allowed as she is not on an international itinerary.

According to https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx a "United Star Alliance Gold member" must have a "Boarding pass for travel in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight" (which you do), and the "c. Guest must meet the same Star Alliance itinerary requirements as the member..." (which she would not).

It's possible that the lounge staff would let her in regardless, but I certainly wouldn't count on it - especially given that your flight is from a different terminal.
My example was a non-UA *G, but I should have made clearer that rules prevent some from access (or require lounge staff to ignore the rules).
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
My example was a non-UA *G, but I should have made clearer that rules prevent some from access (or require lounge staff to ignore the rules).
The person asking is UA *G according to their profile.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Thank you all for the insight, sounds like its a no go either way! I wouldn't wanna do the UA club too much hassle switching from one to another but thanks anyways!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by docbert
Officially even then she wouldn't be allowed as she is not on an international itinerary.
That only applies when trying to access a UA or US-operated lounge with US or UA-issued *G credentials. The *A lounge at TBIT doesn't require that.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
That only applies when trying to access a UA or US-operated lounge with US or UA-issued *G credentials. The *A lounge at TBIT doesn't require that.
The comment was specifically regarding the UC in Terminal 7/8.

However it still holds true for TBIT by virtue of the fact that the only *A flights leaving from TBIT are international, and LAX does not let you into TBIT without a ticket from that terminal.

So it's still true that the only way you can get into the *A lounge in TBIT is to be on an international itinerary.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:27 pm

Hello: I am new to FT so please be understanding. We are flying LAX to AKL on Air New Zealand in Feb 2015. I have a United Mileage Plus card. If I purchase a one-day pass will that give me access to the Star Alliance lounge even though we are not flying on United. I have complimentary United Club passes -- where can I use those at LAX?
Our tickets were purchased through Air NZ. We will be flying from ELP to LAX on another airline as there are no direct flights on United.

Last edited by NZOZ; Apr 4, 2014 at 5:46 pm
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:29 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Originally Posted by NZOZ
If I purchase a one-day pass will that give me access to the Star Alliance lounge even though we are not flying on United.
Nope.

I have complimentary United Club passes -- where can I use those at LAX?
At the United Clubs in Terminals 6 & 7, but you probably won't have access as your inbound Southwest flight is in a different terminal. Also, NZ operates from Terminal 2, not TBIT, so you wouldn't have access to the *A lounge there anyways.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: Airplanes!
Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Nope.

At the United Clubs in Terminals 6 & 7, but you probably won't have access as your inbound Southwest flight is in a different terminal. Also, NZ operates from Terminal 2, not TBIT, so you wouldn't have access to the *A lounge there anyways.
With all the airlines moving in to TBIT I wouldn't be surprised if NZ was able to move in to TBIT by Feb 2015.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei
With all the airlines moving in to TBIT I wouldn't be surprised if NZ was able to move in to TBIT by Feb 2015.
My understanding is that Air NZ is scheduled to move there later this year. If that occurs before Feb 2015 is there any way to purchase day passes, or ?, to the *alliance lounge. We typically fly AA internationally and purchase Admirals Club day passes --I am totally unsure of what to do to get lounge access at TBIT or in Terminal 2.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
My understanding is that Air NZ is scheduled to move there later this year. If that occurs before Feb 2015 is there any way to purchase day passes, or ?, to the *alliance lounge. We typically fly AA internationally and purchase Admirals Club day passes --I am totally unsure of what to do to get lounge access at TBIT or in Terminal 2.
There are only day passes to UA, US, DL and AA lounges. They are not valid at jointly operated facilities, certainly true for *A. So, am afraid you are out of luck short of upgrading to NZ Business Premier.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Going by MCT changes, October 24th has been planned for the move. Of course this may change.

What airline are you flying in to LAX on?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Going by MCT changes, October 24th has been planned for the move. Of course this may change.

What airline are you flying in to LAX on?
It will either be Southwest or AA. We will probably book later in the year unless a good price comes along. There are flights that arrive in LAX about 6:30 pm for our NZ flight at 9:15 pm but I don't know if that gives us enough time to change terminals and recheck in etc.
I would feel more comfortable arriving in LA earlier and having lounge access. Just need all the advice we can get
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It will either be Southwest or AA. We will probably book later in the year unless a good price comes along. There are flights that arrive in LAX about 6:30 pm for our NZ flight at 9:15 pm but I don't know if that gives us enough time to change terminals and recheck in etc.
I would feel more comfortable arriving in LA earlier and having lounge access. Just need all the advice we can get
2:45 is fine IF there are no flight delays inbound. I personally would not risk it, and would book an earlier flight.

There are worse terminals to wait in without lounge access than TBIT.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
2:45 is fine IF there are no flight delays inbound. I personally would not risk it, and would book an earlier flight.

There are worse terminals to wait in without lounge access than TBIT.
Thanks -- I'll book a morning flight.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: Airplanes!
So some changes are apparently coming to security access that I think people on long layovers at LAX will like.

I heard from a friend that works at LAX that TSA at the airport is going to allow passengers with a valid day-of boarding pass from any terminal to go through security at any terminal starting May 1, 2014. I think it is great for people on long layovers especially with the lack of food options pre-security at TBIT right now. On the other hand I wonder if this change will make the lounge a lot more crowded?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.