Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
I flew STO - LAX with SK in C and LAX - OGG with UA in F 14 days ago. I couldn't access the *A lounge in LAX (Business side) only with my UA F bc. Only in combination with my *A Gold FF I was able to access. Trie in United Club T7 as well and 1 week later in SFO, all segments in UA F, only with *A Gold FF I could access the lounges.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
I flew STO - LAX with SK in C and LAX - OGG with UA in F 14 days ago. I couldn't access the *A lounge in LAX (Business side) only with my UA F bc. Only in combination with my *A Gold FF I was able to access.
UA Domestic F does not grant access, regardless of the lounge. And *A lounges are not "arrivals" lounges, so your inbound C boarding pass won't get you in either. With domestic F you'll need either *G, or a paid membership (ie, United Club)

Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
Trie in United Club T7 as well and 1 week later in SFO, all segments in UA F, only with *A Gold FF I could access the lounges.
Presuming your flights through SFO were domestic, this is again correct. If either of the UA flights were international then you would have been granted access to either the United Club or even to the UA First lounge in the international terminal.

This would be true for the United lounges even if the outbound segment was domestic - UA makes an exception for their own lounges that if you arrive on UA metal international C or F, then you can access the lounge on the connecting flights, even if those flights are domestic. AFAIK, this would not apply to the *A lounge at LAX.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I've now been able to visit this lounge twice thanks to all the awesome tips and instructions in this thread - thanks everyone!

Question re: guests - next weekend I am flying UA, and a friend happens to be flying out at the same time but will be on Quantas. Can I get him into the lounge with my *G status even though he is flying OneWorld? Will they ask for his BP too?

Alternatively, would I have any better luck using my UA Club membership to get him in? He's flying Y so no lounge access from Quantas and I'd love for us to be able to hang out in the star lounge if possible.

I tried to find something on ua.com but may have missed it.

Edit: I found the below verbiage on the star alliance website, stating that the guest must have a *A boarding pass. Does anyone have experience with this? Do they typically check the guest BP or is it more like a UA lounge where I just say "and 1 guest" and they let him/her in?

First Class, Star Alliance Gold and Eligible Paid Lounge Membership customers are each entitled to a maximum of one guest. The guest must enter the designated lounge with the Eligible Customer and present a boarding pass for any Star Alliance member airline operated flight departing from the local airport.

Last edited by CruiserCLE; Aug 26, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
yes, they'll scan his BP
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No access for your friend since not flying *A.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No access for your friend since not flying *A.

I have had a companion not flying *A refused too.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I'm in terminal 7 right now, and I had to reschedule my flights because of a mechanical delay that would have caused me to miss my connection. I'm now flying LAX-IAH-LHR-VIE. Does anyone know when the *A lounge opens and whether it would be worth walking from here? My flight is at 9:15 AM, so I would only want to go if it's open in the wee hours.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Not that's is a huge issue but will we get into the *A F lounge with arriving Asiana F tickets? We're departing Air Canada J on same day tickets 7 hours later. I'm assuming we won't have an issue getting into the lounge. The MLL is not somewhere I want to stay for 5 hours. 90 minutes was more than enough last time.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
will we get into the *A F lounge with arriving Asiana F tickets? We're departing Air Canada J on same day tickets 7 hours later. I'm assuming we won't have an issue getting into the lounge
No. Star alliance lounges are departure lounges. You will be able to access the *A business class lounge based on your AC departure.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kacee
No. Star alliance lounges are departure lounges. You will be able to access the *A business class lounge based on your AC departure.
Will also need to allow time to transfer to T2 including clearing security (as there is no airside access between TBIT and T2).
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
We've got 7 hrs. I picked a later connection to get lie flat seats, last time I was dead tired but got no sleep sitting upright on the A320. Ugh.

Last time I think it took us 30 minutes to walk from TBIT to T2 & through security, got lucky in that our UA flight was late so we landed in TBIT.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I'm in terminal 7 right now, and I had to reschedule my flights because of a mechanical delay that would have caused me to miss my connection. I'm now flying LAX-IAH-LHR-VIE. Does anyone know when the *A lounge opens and whether it would be worth walking from here? My flight is at 9:15 AM, so I would only want to go if it's open in the wee hours.
I don't know if you made it or not but last time I was there they opened around 8AM and they close at 1AM. However I've been there within 90 minutes of my departing flight on UA and they gave me some grief about not having enough time to get to my gate but they still let me in.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Can you stay airside in TBIT after clearing CBP when arriving internationally? Or would you need to exit and come back through security?

Cheers
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Can you stay airside in TBIT after clearing CBP when arriving internationally?
No, not ever in any US airport.

Or would you need to exit and come back through security?
Yes.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:55 pm

Can you stay airside in TBIT after clearing CBP when arriving internationally? Or would you need to exit and come back through security?

Cheers
No. Once you deplane arriving internationally you are landside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.