Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Newb question about the ANA award availability results conflicting with United agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newb question about the ANA award availability results conflicting with United agent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

hello!

I'm a new-ish Star Alliance FF, so please bear with me. I tried to use the ANA award availability search engine with the 'workaround' to determine if there were any economy award seats available on an SQ 26 FRA-JFK flight this summer. The ANA engine came up with the "OK" result in Economy for some of the dates I was looking it. To my understanding, that means that there are Economy award seats available. Correct?

At that point I called United (where I earn my miles) and asked them about economy award availability on those flights and they said there was none.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here because I'm new to this. Can anyone advise?

Thank you!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Reading and searching around is your best friend...

No, you are not missing anything. This is quite possible and normal...
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Reading and searching around is your best friend...

No, you are not missing anything. This is quite possible and normal...
UPDATE: did some research and found this link: http://blog.wandr.me/2014/01/united-starnet-blocking/

It seems the issue is NOT StarNet blocking but a "bug in the system" (whatever that means). So maybe I'll get to book this after all!

thanks!

Last edited by cc0818; Jan 29, 2014 at 3:40 pm
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
Two links for you:

The mysterious vanishing Singapore Air award inventory
http://blog.wandr.me/2014/01/united-starnet-blocking/

United Wants You Flying Singapore Airlines Coach Even Less Than You Do, Delta Will Shine Your Shoes, and American Will Sell You Your Status
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...nuary-28-2014/
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vbroucek
This is quite possible and normal...
Not normal at all. There are currently issues between UA and SQ which prevent booking any awards - even in Y - on any flight number which touches the USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.