Wiki Posts
Search

ORD Terminal 5 lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR-Platinum, HH-Diamond, MileagePlus 1K, AAdvantage Gold
ORD Terminal 5 lounge

Did a search and couldn't easily narrow anything down comparing the two *A lounges in T5 at ORD.

I am flying Copa tomorrow AM, but am trying to see if there is a consensus as to what is preferred between Swiss and SAS lounges. Any experience please let me know.

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Krischey
Did a search and couldn't easily narrow anything down comparing the two *A lounges in T5 at ORD.

I am flying Copa tomorrow AM, but am trying to see if there is a consensus as to what is preferred between Swiss and SAS lounges. Any experience please let me know.

Thanks!
My advice is to try both!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SK, AC, NH, Starwood, Choice, Hilton
I doubt they're open in the morning. According to loungeguide.net, the Swiss lounge opens at 4pm. Since the SAS flights are in the evening, I suspect that it opens about the same time as the Swiss lounge.

Last edited by SittingUpFront; Jun 16, 2013 at 10:27 am
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR-Platinum, HH-Diamond, MileagePlus 1K, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by SittingUpFront
I doubt they're open in the morning. According to loungeguide.net, the Swiss lounge opens at 4pm. Since the SAS flights are in the evening, I suspect that it opens about the same time as the Swiss lounge.
crap. Didn't think of that. I'll have to try my luck.

Thanks
Jason
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
I have been to both and (my opinion) SAS lounge is better. The SWISS lounge if very small and therefore very crowded. SAS lounge is open, comfortable, and both offer comparable food/drink. SAS wins.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
I have been to both and (my opinion) SAS lounge is better. The SWISS lounge if very small and therefore very crowded. SAS lounge is open, comfortable, and both offer comparable food/drink. SAS wins.
Did you read the post about none of them being open in the morning?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE

Thanks!
The *A ORD map shows a CM contract lounge in T5. I rarely depart through T5 so I have no idea if it exists or not, but you might want to call Copa.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why call?? Just ask at check-in and they'll tell you where to go.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by sbm12
Why call?? Just ask at check-in and they'll tell you where to go.
Sounds good!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cheltzel
The *A ORD map shows a CM contract lounge in T5. I rarely depart through T5 so I have no idea if it exists or not, but you might want to call Copa.
That is probably the Swissport lounge: http://www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/A...e-Lounges.aspx
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
let us know

Originally Posted by cheltzel

Thanks!
We are flying the morning CM flight to PTY next month, so I am also interested. I tried calling CM and UA and didn't get an answer. Please let us know the lounge situation. Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1P
Sitting Up Front is correct

Originally Posted by SittingUpFront
That is probably the Swissport lounge: http://www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/A...e-Lounges.aspx
We flew CM in C this past March. The check-in agent directed us to the Swissport lounge (which is not to be confused with the Swiss lounge).

Lounge was attractive enough and was not crowded for this early morning departure, but offerings were somewhat grim. Diner coffee pot sitting on a hotplate, pre-packaged muffins, etc.

Also be advised that despite the early hour, CM serves not breakfast but lunch right after takeoff. Felt very odd to us. But the food was tasty and the service passable. Try the Rum of the Month if you're up front....
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ORDinary guy
Try the Rum of the Month if you're up front....
:-:

This is excellent advice though last time I was on Copa it was available in the back, too.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Swissport not *A

Originally Posted by ORDinary guy
We flew CM in C this past March. The check-in agent directed us to the Swissport lounge (which is not to be confused with the Swiss lounge).

Lounge was attractive enough and was not crowded for this early morning departure, but offerings were somewhat grim. Diner coffee pot sitting on a hotplate, pre-packaged muffins, etc.

Also be advised that despite the early hour, CM serves not breakfast but lunch right after takeoff. Felt very odd to us. But the food was tasty and the service passable. Try the Rum of the Month if you're up front....
We just had the same experience flying Copa ORD-PTY. Note that the Swissport lounge is not a Star Alliance lounge so no automatic entrance for Star Gold. You need to get an invitation from the check-in agent. I also had to ask their supervisor to allow an additional invitation for my "guest".
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Best Lounge in T5 for *G at O'hare?

I've done some searching and haven't seen this anywhere--my wife and I are flying LOT from ORD-WAW tomorrow in Business. I'm also *A Gold. It appears we have access to the Swiss lounge, the SAS lounge, or the "Swissport" lounge. What's our best option to kill a three hour layover before the flight? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.