Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best tool to look up multicity trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:50 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Question Best tool to look up multicity trip?

I'm trying to build a trip SIN-TPE-ICN-TPE-SIN and trying to find out schedules as well as fares but SQ, UA can't do that... EVA Air would have been the logical carrier but they won't be part of *A by February I guess.

Asiana's website is weak, I can't even connect sometimes...

Any other suggestions? Skyscanner doesn't offer multi-city.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: US Air Silver, UA, WN CP, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, BW Diamond

I use Kayak when searching for multi-city routes.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
OP needs to use online travel agent like Expedia that can easily ticket an itinerary like this.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
I use itasoftware.com and to get an idea of the cost and routes possible and then recreate it either on United or expedia depending on the complexity of the ticket.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PHLyer82
I use itasoftware.com and to get an idea of the cost and routes possible and then recreate it either on United or expedia depending on the complexity of the ticket.
+1
go to matrix.itasoftware.com and build your multi city and it will show you what is possible (this website will show very complex itineraries that a lot of OTA's won't be able to create). Then try replicate it on a an OTA's website... If that doesn't work then find an actual human travel agent and give them the details (a screenshot of the itasoftware itinerary will help) and they will be able to book it for you ^
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pogonation
+1
go to matrix.itasoftware.com and build your multi city and it will show you what is possible (this website will show very complex itineraries that a lot of OTA's won't be able to create). Then try replicate it on a an OTA's website... If that doesn't work then find an actual human travel agent and give them the details (a screenshot of the itasoftware itinerary will help) and they will be able to book it for you ^
Hipmunk is incredibly powerful as an interface to a real OTA, particularly as it is basically just a skin on the ITA back-end system. You can use ITA routing codes to force connections and complex multi-city itineraries where other OTAs might choke. I wrote a bit about it here.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:43 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I did try Kayak and Expedia but they return ridiculously expensive tickets... Probable because they show combinations of several tickets....?

Anyway, will try the other tools and see how it goes.

Otherwise I'll be stuck with CI....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.