Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

35 minute connection at ICN...doable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

35 minute connection at ICN...doable?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Unhappy 35 minute connection at ICN...doable?

My route is PUS-ICN-LAX, with the domestic Korean leg on OZ and the ICN-LAX leg on UA.

I logged into my MileagePlus account today and saw that there was a schedule change leaving me with just 35 minutes to connect.

I don't have to worry about going through immigration since I'll do the process at PUS, but considering how big ICN is I have my doubts about being able to make my connecting flight. Even if I do, it's pretty unlikely my baggage will make it, it seems.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by gellison47
My route is PUS-ICN-LAX, with the domestic Korean leg on OZ and the ICN-LAX leg on UA.

I logged into my MileagePlus account today and saw that there was a schedule change leaving me with just 35 minutes to connect.

I don't have to worry about going through immigration since I'll do the process at PUS, but considering how big ICN is I have my doubts about being able to make my connecting flight. Even if I do, it's pretty unlikely my baggage will make it, it seems.

Thoughts?
Your connection seems to be illegal since MCT for Domestic to International is 100 minutes:
[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.2/Diamond - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: ICN/OZ-UA]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         ICN                          040 100 100 070  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L                 DEPARR AREA                                 

OZ                         US                  --- --- --- SUP  
-ALL-                  SPN                                      
**END OF DISPLAY**
If it is on one ticket, they should change it so you are legal. If it is on two tickets, it is your problem. If I was you, I would be changing QUICKLY.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE

Thoughts?
I have done a 40 minute connection at ICN (OZ-OZ). It was originally around 60 minutes and we arrived 20 minutes late.

It was close. Our second flight was boarding and we basically ran to the gate, had our boarding passes scanned and sat down. The doors closed shortly afterward.

I agree with vbroucek. See if you can get your itinerary adjusted as the connection is now illegal.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Thoughts?
Kinda irrelevant question , isn't it?

All you need is phone the flight to arrive 5 mins late, and you're screwed !

For an airport as big as ICN, I would be concerned even if its a 55 min connection - especially when connecting to a flight to the USA. Once the plane lands, it still has to taxi (at a slow speed) to the gate, then the door opens, then you hike somewhere through security.. and don't boarding close roughly 30 mins before departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.