Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Recc. for Star Alliance Club Narita

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K Air Canada Gold Thai Air Gold Delta Platinum Hilton Diamond

Anyone have a better Star Alliance Club then United in Narita(tokyo) Pretty sad snack offerings and the worst internet ever. Very slow for downloads.

DL Club the internet is amazing , can download a tv show in 6 minutes.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
How about the ANA lounge?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K Air Canada Gold Thai Air Gold Delta Platinum Hilton Diamond
I think I used to use that lounge when I flew AC. Not much better but I don't remember their internet speed.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find the Internet not great at both the UA and NH above ground lounge.

Food-wise, UA's C lounge's food has gotten better while NH's C lounge's food has gotten worse. NH has made to order noodles though.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
I thought it was an SQ lounge originally but now that I think about it maybe it must have been the ANA (was on an SQ flight)... Regardless, it was much nicer than the UA lounge. The toilet had so many buttons it was amazing... (warm water touching me in places I still dream about).
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
The NH lounge is much nicer than the UA lounge (just try the 12 yo Suntory or the 25 varieties of sake).

And yes, the internet speed is much faster in the NH lounge (especially if you use one of the provided workstations).
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by firecat69
Anyone have a better Star Alliance Club then United in Narita(tokyo) Pretty sad snack offerings and the worst internet ever. Very slow for downloads.

DL Club the internet is amazing , can download a tv show in 6 minutes.
NH of course has superior lounges, with NRT being its home hub.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, WY Gold, EK Silver
Personally I prefer the United lounge to the ANA one in the No4 Satellite. At least the United one has windows!

From memory, the ANA one in No5 Satellite is better (and has windows). But that's the wrong end of the airport for the London flights these days.

United one is pretty lame for food though, and often doesn't have any magazines either...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Budley
The NH lounge is much nicer than the UA lounge...
Arriving at Narita on United in F class, can I choose the lounge (i.e., United's or ANA's) that I wish to use? (And, in fact, as an arriving passenger will I be allowed to use either lounge - or are they only for departing passengers?)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Budley
The NH lounge is much nicer than the UA lounge (just try the 12 yo Suntory or the 25 varieties of sake).
There have only been 2 or 3 sakes on offer the last few times I passed through the NH Biz lounges.
Originally Posted by muji
Arriving at Narita on United in F class, can I choose the lounge (i.e., United's or ANA's) that I wish to use? (And, in fact, as an arriving passenger will I be allowed to use either lounge - or are they only for departing passengers?)
If you do not have an onward flight then I don't think you get in to any lounges.

I much prefer the ANA lounges to the UA ones, from a food, beverage, noise/privacy and aesthetics perspective. The only downside of the ANA lounges is the one in the basement with no windows. But if you've got time the views from the other are quite good.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by username
I find the Internet not great at both the UA and NH above ground lounge.

Food-wise, UA's C lounge's food has gotten better while NH's C lounge's food has gotten worse. NH has made to order noodles though.
I am not sure UA C lounge's food has gotten better or not, but I agree NH's C lounge's drink and food is getting worse, last 2 times I saw only Yamazaki 10 yrs instead of 12 yrs. No more Grand Palace Feuilletine (フイユティーヌ) chocolate at the lounge either .

Does the C lounge (the one with windows) had shower?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Does the C lounge (the one with windows) have a shower?
Yes.

Dave
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:18 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by muji
Are you making an international connection in UA C? If so, you may have access to the UA IFL, but since you're arriving in UA F you technically do not have access to the NH Suite Lounge. If you do not have an international connection, then you will have no access to any of the international departure lounges.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by mobilebucky
I am not sure UA C lounge's food has gotten better or not, but I agree NH's C lounge's drink and food is getting worse, last 2 times I saw only Yamazaki 10 yrs instead of 12 yrs. No more Grand Palace Feuilletine (フイユティーヌ) chocolate at the lounge either .

Does the C lounge (the one with windows) had shower?
The showers at that lounge are before you actually enter the lounge. As you enter the front entrance you before you approach the desk to give your boarding pass etc the showers entrance is at the right, just to the right of the F lounge entrance.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
What is the best lounge for 4-5 hours? I'm arriving from a UA F flight connecting to SQ Suites....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.