Star Lounge at Barcelona Airport

Subscribe
Hi guys,
I will be travelling to Barcelona, and will be at the airport for 5-6 hours, want to know how is the * Alliance lounge at the international departures terminal. Also if there's a website i can access to check the same.

Thanks for looking.
This should help - http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...lounge-finder/

But, web site shows no lounges in Barcelona I am afraid.
Hi,

there is a indeed a lounge in BCN.

It is not a *A dedicated lounge but can be used when traveling in C or with *G(also in some occasions with *S).

In the M&M forum you may find some comments about it.
There used to be two lounges *A used at BCN, Pau Casals and Spanair. What's happened to the latter?
Quote: There used to be two lounges *A used at BCN, Pau Casals and Spanair. What's happened to the latter?
Hi NewbieRunner,

two weeks ago was still closed down.
I am flying again tomorrow. I will report if there are any changes.
Update

Former JK lounge is still closed.

Pau Casals lounge now offers also sandwiches and some sort of pasta in a sealed bowl. Neither look very appealing but it is an improvement.
Quote: Update

Former JK lounge is still closed.

Pau Casals lounge now offers also sandwiches and some sort of pasta in a sealed bowl. Neither look very appealing but it is an improvement.
When I was there last year Pau Casals lounge had some sandwiches and salad/pasta (I didn't check carefully) at lunch time hidden in a small fridge. You had to go behind an unstaffed bar counter to find the fridge.

A nice airport but the lounge was unimpressive and it was supposed to be the better of the two (at the time). And it took ages (longer than 15 mins) to register for free internet access for 15 mins.
Quote: When I was there last year Pau Casals lounge had some sandwiches and salad/pasta (I didn't check carefully) at lunch time hidden in a small fridge. You had to go behind an unstaffed bar counter to find the fridge.

A nice airport but the lounge was unimpressive and it was supposed to be the better of the two (at the time). And it took ages (longer than 15 mins) to register for free internet access for 15 mins.
Barcelona airport might have a nice design but quite of a joke:

- mediocre, at best, lounges
- no free wifi anywhere in the airport
- no priority security control for F/C/Elite pax

Taking in consideration it was inaugurated less than 3 years ago, it is quite pathetic.

pd my LH flight was delay over 1 hour so I went to grab one of the sandwiches, but those were gone.
At least they have already installed the "summer" ice-cream fridge
Quote: Barcelona airport might have a nice design but quite of a joke:

- mediocre, at best, lounges
- no free wifi anywhere in the airport
- no priority security control for F/C/Elite pax

Taking in consideration it was inaugurated less than 3 years ago, it is quite pathetic.

pd my LH flight was delay over 1 hour so I went to grab one of the sandwiches, but those were gone.
At least they have already installed the "summer" ice-cream fridge
free ice-cream at the lounge, atleast that is something to look forward too. any how will b travelling next week, will keep posted the forum, with my review of the lunges at DEL, IST and BCN.
Any recent updates to lounge access in BCN? Is it still just Pau Casals? I am UA Platinum, United Club member traveling in Biz class on LH connecting to UA biz.
I flew out of BCN on United on July 17 of 2012, and as of that date, there was a contract lounge there - a decent one I think, by my not-very-experienced lounge experience.

Had a few bottles of booze that you can mix your own drinks, plenty of soft drinks and snacks. a quiet area in the middle serving as sleeping areas for passengers trying to catch some sleep. I'd rate this lounge as slightly above the contract lounge at SIN.
Quote: Any recent updates to lounge access in BCN? Is it still just Pau Casals?
Quote: I flew out of BCN on United on July 17 of 2012, and as of that date, there was a contract lounge there <...>
Flying out to the US (non-Schengen) you probably have used Joan Mir (not Pau Casals). But both lounges offer more or less the same services (and have almost the same layout).
Thanks - I am flying BCN-FRA-SFO so looks like Pau Casals.
Flying out of BCN with LH in Y (Schengen), I hold *G via TK Miles & Smiles ... but the *A "Lounge Finder" says I don't get lounge access.

Even I pretend to be a LH SEN it still says no lounge access. Is this accurate (?!)
Quote: Flying out of BCN with LH in Y (Schengen), I hold *G via TK Miles & Smiles ... but the *A "Lounge Finder" says I don't get lounge access.

Even I pretend to be a LH SEN it still says no lounge access. Is this accurate (?!)
Since you are flying on LH check lounge access info on lufthansa.com. You will find that *G flying on LH should have access to Pau Casals lounge.