Arrivals in Bejing?

Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question Arrivals in Bejing?

A friend of mine is traveling on Tuesday in BF, he has no status.
He has a 6 hour layover before a flight, can he go to a *A lounge and shower and hang out?
Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
yeah should be no prob with a BF ticket
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by BDLORD
A friend of mine is traveling on Tuesday in BF, he has no status.
He has a 6 hour layover before a flight, can he go to a *A lounge and shower and hang out?
Thanks
I think if he arrived in C and is departing on a *A flight he can, but if the departure is not *A he's out of luck. The lounges are for departures, they're not arrival lounges, but I think if he has been in C that day on *A and is departing on *A it's OK. YMWV with the dragon in question on the day, though.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by Boghopper
I think if he arrived in C and is departing on a *A flight he can, but if the departure is not *A he's out of luck. The lounges are for departures, they're not arrival lounges, but I think if he has been in C that day on *A and is departing on *A it's OK. YMWV with the dragon in question on the day, though.
I think he's on Air China, it's all UA ticket stock.
He is going to Gimpo, which is one airport I've never been to

Cheers
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.163 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I don't know if Beijing is one of the stations where CO historcally had arrivals facilities available. If they did then the passenger should be able to access those. I'm guessing it isn't available based on the arrival time of the flight but it might be. Ask at the lounge pre-departure and reference GG SHOWER if the agent is confused.

Otherwise, with no status there is no access if not departing the local airport in a premium cabin. The *A rules are quite clear on this. Both of the above replies do not reflect the actual rules IMO.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.163 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I don't know if Beijing is one of the stations where CO historcally had arrivals facilities available. If they did then the passenger should be able to access those. I'm guessing it isn't available based on the arrival time of the flight but it might be. Ask at the lounge pre-departure and reference GG SHOWER if the agent is confused.

Otherwise, with no status there is no access if not departing the local airport in a premium cabin. The *A rules are quite clear on this. Both of the above replies do not reflect the actual rules IMO.
Thanks
I was just there and there is no arrivals facility.
I was also supposed to be met by the BF Concierge who was a no show.
I have Priority Pass and * Gold so I had plenty of places to go to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.