* Lounge at LGW?

Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

* Lounge at LGW?

Is there a Star Alliance Gold Lounge at London Gatwick LGW? I'll be flying Croatia Airlines if that matters. Thank you.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
Is there a Star Alliance Gold Lounge at London Gatwick LGW? I'll be flying Croatia Airlines if that matters. Thank you.
Not unless you're flying C/J. Croatia Airlines uses the Servisair Lounge for business passengers. There is no *A lounge at LGW.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Correct, no *A lounge. US uses the No. 1 lounge when in Envoy, but you have to be in Envoy.

Last edited by FlyIgglesFly; Mar 9, 2012 at 8:27 am Reason: Clarify.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
LH, CA and SK?

TK, LH, CA, SK and JP (Adria?) have flights from LGW too. It would be good to see a *lounge.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
TK, LH, CA, SK and JP (Adria?) have flights from LGW too. It would be good to see a *lounge.
TP and OU (Croatia), too, but the *A carriers aren't all in the same terminal. I believe that US, LH, TP, OU, and SK are in the South Terminal, and CA, TK, and JP are in the North Terminal.
Old May 31, 2012, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Not unless you're flying C/J. Croatia Airlines uses the Servisair Lounge for business passengers. There is no *A lounge at LGW.
Thank you. I am on a C/J ticket. Do you know if I will be able to bring a guest (in Y) to the lounge?
Old May 31, 2012, 4:29 pm

I flew from LGW with TK in Y last week: LH Senator. They used the No 1 lounge and I got access. At first, they wanted to see a voucher, but since I had checked in online, I didn't have one; they called TK and they confirmed that I had access.

The lounge was quite impressive with separate spa, gaming and business areas and pretty good food (lots of fresh fruit and a nice cheese platter).
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
I am considering flying LGW-IST-TLV on Turkish. When I checked LH, it listed a lounge at Gatwick for Star Gold. I wondering if using the Lounge depends who is sitting there.

Does anyone if the policy has changed.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:20 am

Short answer - the "No. 1" lounge is free for *A gold.

I've stumbled on this thread while looking for a *A Gold lounge access on Gatwick. Traveled through there today, flying TK from the North Terminal.
When there, You should ask your airline check-in attendants to stamp your boarding pass with "Lounge access" stamp. They also added a silver "Gatwick Premium" sticker, which should grant you access to a special and faster security queue (NOT near the regular security lines! Just follow the signs to "Gatwick Premium").

Nice lounge to relax and drink/eat lightly before a flight, but nothing too fancy.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:42 am

Hi which lounges do I have access to from LGW to IST traveling in Business on aeroplan ticket? I saw there were a few No.1 lounges, don't know if they're all the same?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:22 pm

Why do you want the lounge? If, by chance, just for a shower do note that the airport has free showers for all passengers. Clean and seldom a wait.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
TK moved its operations from North to South terminal at the end of March 2015. Looks like *G can have access to both contracted No.1 Traveller or Gatwick lounges. Also, LH/SK no longer operates to LGW.

http://www.experiencetheskies.com/tu...ea-operations/
http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...on/airport/lgw
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
LGW - North Terminal *Gold lounge?

Are there any updates to Star Alliance Gold lounge access?

I'm leaving on AC from the North terminal. According to the *A Louge Finder website, they use the Aviance contracted lounge in the North terminal. But I'm in Premium Economy... so not sure if access is granted for *Gold?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I believe you're SOL for complimentary access but no harm in asking. As an alternative to the equivalent of a NJ strip mall, the common areas of LGW, you can pay to enter a few different lounges in the North terminal. I believe they range in cost from ~18 to 40 per person. Holidayextras.co.uk has some good rates.

Originally Posted by YVR guy
Are there any updates to Star Alliance Gold lounge access?

I'm leaving on AC from the North terminal. According to the *A Louge Finder website, they use the Aviance contracted lounge in the North terminal. But I'm in Premium Economy... so not sure if access is granted for *Gold?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I don't have direct experience at LGW but IME in almost all cases you will get an invite as *G to the same lounge that the airline uses for J class passengers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.