Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Star Alliance Miles

I have a load of Star Alliance airmiles which I'm desperate to use. Every single time I phone the call centre to try to redeem miles I can never get the availability. Does anyone know a way to find out what flights ARE actually available to redeem. Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: No preference
search online with the program you're trying to redeem with, expertflyer.com (paid service)
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: most of them
continental.com has a pretty good award engine as does aeroplan. Or you can try a tool like awardnexus.com Obviously there are tons of factors that go into availability.

Which program are your miles in?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: spg gold
Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
How many seats?
What class?
Where and how many miles do you have?
When do you want to travel?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Tried continental but there's no way to check availability without phoning the call centre
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I'm bmi
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by pjm374
I'm bmi
There seems to be a thread in the BMI Diamond Club forum on getting help booking BMI awards ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ilability.html

If you want help on general *A award availbility, you need to post some details (as jkoenig51 asked).
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: BD,Skyteam,QF
Originally Posted by cheltzel
There seems to be a thread in the BMI Diamond Club forum on getting help booking BMI awards ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ilability.html

If you want help on general *A award availbility, you need to post some details (as jkoenig51 asked).
I've just booked redemption via BMI DC by following the excellent advice in their forum.
Basically, you sign up for ANA, sign in, enquire on a spurious flight, to get to the page where you can check out the options with other * carriers. Iterate until you find what you want, with availabiliy.
Then, armed with the flight numbers and dates, you call the ICC on sunday and speak with the nice helpful lady who will sort you out. prompt her with segments, not the whole journey.
A day or two later, you check with the Amadeus tool to see if you have an e-ticket number (reassurance that its ticketed) and finally, go to the Lufthansa site and sign in with the booking reference and your surname, to select your seat.
(that's much abbreviated - read the BMI thread)

Last edited by measures; Feb 21, 2012 at 4:47 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
http://awardfinder.juny4ng.com/
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by measures
I've just booked redemption via BMI DC by following the excellent advice in their forum.
Basically, you sign up for ANA, sign in, enquire on a spurious flight, to get to the page where you can check out the options with other * carriers. Iterate until you find what you want, with availabiliy.
Then, armed with the flight numbers and dates, you call the ICC on sunday and speak with the nice helpful lady who will sort you out. prompt her with segments, not the whole journey.
A day or two later, you check with the Amadeus tool to see if you have an e-ticket number (reassurance that its ticketed) and finally, go to the Lufthansa site and sign in with the booking reference and your surname, to select your seat.
(that's much abbreviated - read the BMI thread)
If you use firefox, try sbm12's wonderful greasemonkey script to cut short the stupid intial "spurious" search.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...earch-problem/
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:11 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by dromack
Does anyone know what happened with this website. It is now off... any other similar tool ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.