Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Japan Air Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold

Hi all,

Have booked redemption flights from Singapore to Tokyo over the new year with SQ and am currently trying to book an internal flight from HND to CTS return. Domestic flight prices on ANA are outrageous till I discovered the Star Alliance Japan Air Pass on the Star Alliance website. Only problem I have at the moment is trying to book it. The only Star Alliance carrier who will respond online is Lufthansa, while the website also recommends you call a travel agent or the carrier. I tried going through American Express Travel who claim they can't do anything as I have been ticketed directly through SQ so I rang SQ who firstly thought I was trying to book a flight through ANA, then thought I was trying to redeem miles for the flight, before realizing they had no idea what I was talking about and promising to call me back within 2 days.

Anyway, was just wondering if anybody out there has had any experience booking this Air Pass for Japan and would care to share any tips. Also, the website wasn't totally clear about any blackout periods as the Calculator on the website seemed to accept my dates as valid. Any help appreciated. Thanks

mingster23
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I booked mine recently via UA who is also the carrier I'm flying out of Japan on and who issued my intercontinental ticket. when I submitted the request online to Lufty they responded back that I should use the carrier I was flying in or out of Japan on.

The folks at UA needed some prompting to figure out how to do it but eventually got it booked. You need to find M inventory on the NH flights (you can search for it here) and then just tell the agent what you need. It took them a couple days to confirm the pricing and finalize the reservation and then I was able to call back in and have the ticket issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.