Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Rome (FCO) lounge terrible!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Does anyone else find the lounge at Rome (FCO) for Star Alliance use in T3 completely appalling?

I recently used it and didn't quite know the benefit of the lounge vs no lounge at all!

- the toilets were dirty and out of order (the ones outside the lounge were cleaner and functioning)

- the 3rd time in 3 trips that the wireless internet was not working (and the computer terminal was down)

- no seating (the little space they had was completely full so I had to stand) - again, seating outside in the public areas

- no food and very little drink on offer

- filthy! dirty cups and rubbish everywhere, no one was cleaning up

- dark and horrible atmosphere - no windows, bad lighting.

I ended up leaving and going back to the main terminal! :P What are your thoughts? I have written to both Star Alliance and the Rome Airport several weeks ago but no replies.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Sounds like the Alitalia lounge ... similar experience with them.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
I'm almost glad that it's never been open when I've been at FCO... doesn't surprise me greatly though, the whole airport is pretty shabby.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: nobody
Sounds like FCO to me, one of a few intl airport makes me tHink
US airports like SIN
Old Jul 2, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
You forgot stale air and no light as it's in a basement. It's been the same way for years. Nothing new to report here.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
I think you are talking about the Le Anfore lounge downstairs in Terminal 3
It's a dump.
Matches the airport.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
That is absolutely true. The all airport is an unpleasant experience starting with local transportation, check in areas, security check and obviously the lounges. I have been in all lounges and indeed the one in T3 -Le Anfore is one of the worst I have seen in a civilized country. Basically no service and no relaxing atmosphere. The new Alitalia lounges are a bit better but still same concept no service.
In the main terminal area the other Star Alliance Lounge is Mosaici - not great at all but at least it has huge glass windows looking on the outside...some light! Sometimes I have found more pleasant to kill time just wandering around the terminal rather than sitting on such places...well we do hope they improve that...
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:16 am

Agree with you that Rome has one of the most terrible lounge. It's so god-awful that it makes me feel like I am in some war-torn African country...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Has anyone been to the Le Anfore lounge recently? Any improvements? I was looking at an itinerary that included a 5 hour layover in FCO while waiting for a Thai flight to BKK.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Has anyone been to the Le Anfore lounge recently? Any improvements? I was looking at an itinerary that included a 5 hour layover in FCO while waiting for a Thai flight to BKK.
I was there in October.
The restrooms were disgusting. An outhouse in the woods would have been cleaner. There was a shower room.
The food was as described, white bread type sandwiches, prosciotto. It was out out once while I was there and everyone descended upon the table like locusts. It was cleaned out in minutes. When the lounge cleared out, there were tables of dirty dishes.

The best part was the bar.

Very few magazines or newspapers. Wifi worked ok.

I was travelling on Monday and it was not very busy
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by mromalley
I was there in October.
The restrooms were disgusting. An outhouse in the woods would have been cleaner. There was a shower room.
The food was as described, white bread type sandwiches, prosciotto. It was out out once while I was there and everyone descended upon the table like locusts. It was cleaned out in minutes. When the lounge cleared out, there were tables of dirty dishes.

The best part was the bar.

Very few magazines or newspapers. Wifi worked ok.

I was travelling on Monday and it was not very busy
Thanks! How horrible! Fortunately I was able to change my itinerary to a layover in FRA.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Does anyone have any recent experiences with Le Anfore? I'm *A Gold and have a flight FCO-IAD on UA in a few weeks. According to *A website, I can access Le Anfore and "Flight Care" lounge, which I'm assuming are the same thing. Any improvements here recently or still dumpy?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gandalf29
Does anyone have any recent experiences with Le Anfore?
If you're used to United Clubs, it's really not that bad. Yes it's underground, but it's not as bad as the IAD dungeons, and the espresso is good.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gandalf29
Does anyone have any recent experiences with Le Anfore? I'm *A Gold and have a flight FCO-IAD on UA in a few weeks. According to *A website, I can access Le Anfore and "Flight Care" lounge, which I'm assuming are the same thing. Any improvements here recently or still dumpy?
I was there last week. Personally, I think it's still terrible. As Kacee said however, the coffee is good (it's Italy :P). But the food is terrible, only one toilet was functional, overcrowded and extremely slow WiFi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.