Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

OZ F or NH F, ICN/NRT to JFK

Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:14 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
OZ has PJ you keep, can you do that on NH ?
Yes. Not only did I keep the set I wore, the chief purser gave me another set to take with me. This was on NH1, BTW.

Also, NH's western food selections in F are quite good in my experience. I'm not sure how OZ F compares.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by ekartash
As I understand it you dont get to keep the pjs with ANA. you do with Asiana. easy choice for me
Maybe I shouldn't have, but I have the NH Pyjamas at home from my only F flight with them - are you sure NH don't let you keep the PJs? Nobody asked for them and I was clearly putting them into my bag as we were about to depart the plane, might be the Japanese politeness of course as I hadn't asked just took.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Yes. Not only did I keep the set I wore, the chief purser gave me another set to take with me. This was on NH1, BTW.

Also, NH's western food selections in F are quite good in my experience. I'm not sure how OZ F compares.
Unless it is a recent change, but in the past, I was denied both ways IAD-NRT-IAD !

I don't usually go for western food on asian carriers, but if I see lobster on the menus, then it is a different story. OZ western food in F is actually comparable to SQ. I had lobster thermidor on OZ exactly the same as SQ on their "book the cook" menus.

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Maybe I shouldn't have, but I have the NH Pyjamas at home from my only F flight with them - are you sure NH don't let you keep the PJs? Nobody asked for them and I was clearly putting them into my bag as we were about to depart the plane, might be the Japanese politeness of course as I hadn't asked just took.
Well, on my flights, the FA go to every seat or wait outside the bathroom after you change to collect, so there is not even a way to just accidentally slip into my bag. I asked and was told no.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by littlevoices
This should just have been found with a simple search, same route, same carriers, comprehensively answered;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...n-nrt-jfk.html

The only problem is you lose the advantage of the home carriers lounge, but since neither is hugely impressive (and they probably share the same lounge in JFK) its a non-issue.
er, there's a reason why that thread is a discussion of the same route and the same carriers.... it's this thread!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mad_atta
er, there's a reason why that thread is a discussion of the same route and the same carriers.... it's this thread!
It's my guess that a moderator merged the threads -- but just didn't note the fact.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
I know that there have been discussions about this issue in many threads, so please excuse me if I am in the wrong one...

I need to burn some miles and I have to choose between OZ F (JFK-ICN in A380) and NH F (JFK-NRT in T7).

As I need to fly to HKG afterwards anyway, I dont care about my stopover-city (Seoul or Tokyo). So are there some "new" opionions on this topic? I like great food, privacy as well as Seat/Bed-comfort.

So which one would you choose? OZ or NH? I know, first-world problems, but I am getting crazy about this decision, so I would appreciate your help so much....

Thx a lot and kind regards from rainy Switzerland
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Swissairasia
As I need to fly to HKG afterwards anyway, I dont care about my stopover-city (Seoul or Tokyo). So are there some "new" opionions on this topic? I like great food, privacy as well as Seat/Bed-comfort.
Actually, I would look at the connection options, because if you can stay on the OZ380, that's better than any *A option from NRT-HKG.

This is otherwise a win-win call.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
The OZ 380F is great, so is the NH 77W new F Cube, no wrong answer on the long haul hard product. NH cabin attendants are a bit more refined and attentive than OZ. I personally prefer Korean food much much more than Japanese food (even western food prepared by Japanese chefs), so for me I'd go OZ for that reason alone.

If you go with NH, check the seat maps for the aircraft operating your NRT/HND-HKG flight. They actually do operate some long haul 77W on this route. As mentioned above, if you can get OZ 380 on the ICN-HKG portion then that's good, but if your choice is OZ A333 or NH 763, then toss a coin, both suck equally.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

i was just contemplating this same choice for return from BKK next spring (OZ A380 vs NH B77W to JFK). everything I've managed to find so far has both products pretty equal. tipping point for me might be if i can get TG A380 to NRT vs OZ A330 to ICN for the first leg.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dvs7310

If you go with NH, check the seat maps for the aircraft operating your NRT/HND-HKG flight. They actually do operate some long haul 77W on this route. As mentioned above, if you can get OZ 380 on the ICN-HKG portion then that's good, but if your choice is OZ A333 or NH 763, then toss a coin, both suck equally.
NH NRT-HKG is ALWAYS 763, as since it is operated by NQ, no chance to swtich at all.

NH HND-HKG had been using 772ER for a very long time now, it is using 1 of the 3 772ER (JA715A, JA716A, JA717A) that continue from HND to LAX !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.