Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

OZ F or NH F, ICN/NRT to JFK

OZ F or NH F, ICN/NRT to JFK

Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
I thought that OZ was keeping first on their new 777s. Am I wrong?

The new NH Square seats are really the old NH seats with wood around them. VERY VERY VERY comfortable, though! Easy to fall asleep in these, and plenty of room.

I would, too (full disclosure: I've never flown OZ and based on my great experiences with NH, will take them over OZ due to my experience and admitted bias).

Your summary of NH was 100% right on, littlevoices; it sort of made me feel I was in NH first!!
At least from the pictures, much better than SQ's 77W..

Apparently as far as seats are, nothing on their 777s.. Only on the 744.

I can always do OZ on another RTW I guess! Once SQ's 744 is out..
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had the pleasure of flying both.....both are great but I would choose NH in this case!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Had the pleasure of flying both.....both are great but I would choose NH in this case!
Hmm.. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm firmly entrenched now to take NH F!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
Hmm.. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm firmly entrenched now to take NH F!
Good choice. I would take NH F over OZ F. Especially since you will be going to JFK in the new suites. ^
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 808 Flyer
Good choice. I would take NH F over OZ F. Especially since you will be going to JFK in the new suites. ^
Well, I hope it is indeed! I have high expectancies after knowing what to expect!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:25 am

Nh f+ua f or oz f+tg j

I have a similar question. I can see an award seat avalilable on NH F LAX-NRT connecting on UA F within Asia or I could fly OZ F LAX-ICN connecting on TG J.

I really don't want to fly UA even though it's UA F however I want to try NH F.

I haven't flown OZ F either which connects to TG J.

Really confused.

What option would you take?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by 1K+
I have a similar question. I can see an award seat avalilable on NH F LAX-NRT connecting on UA F within Asia or I could fly OZ F LAX-ICN connecting on TG J.

I really don't want to fly UA even though it's UA F however I want to try NH F.

I haven't flown OZ F either which connects to TG J.

Really confused.

What option would you take?
In my opinion it depends where you go. I assume the TG flight will be on regional C. I dislike UA as much as you, but for another 5 or 6 hours i still prefer UA F over TG regional C.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
In my opinion it depends where you go. I assume the TG flight will be on regional C. I dislike UA as much as you, but for another 5 or 6 hours i still prefer UA F over TG regional C.
Both NRT or ICN would be only connecting cities (no overnights). I have read a lot on UA's F hard product.

How are the UA FA's in F on intra-asia routes, are they US based crew?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
From JFK: Asiana F vs. ANA F.

That would be OZ 21 (JFK-ICN) vs. NH 9 (JFK-NRT). It looks like NH has the superior hard product, while OZ has the better service, but I'll defer to you guys.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:32 am

You can find lots of information on this board. I recommend a search.
In my opinion the overall experience is similar. I would base my decision on where i actually want to go, connection time, equipment on the connecting flight etc.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Peninsula
That would be OZ 21 (JFK-ICN) vs. NH 9 (JFK-NRT). It looks like NH has the superior hard product, while OZ has the better service, but I'll defer to you guys.
I've done both and I wouldn't say that OZ has better service.

I believe both are excellent and would not hesitate to take either. Having said that, I consider NH slightly better in every respect, so everything else being equal (destination, connections, timing, etc.), I would definitely choose NH.

In fact, I have an OZ F reservation for an upcoming award trip. As connections for this trip are comparable, if a NH F seat opens up between now and then, I will change to NH.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
This should just have been found with a simple search, same route, same carriers, comprehensively answered;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...n-nrt-jfk.html

The only problem is you lose the advantage of the home carriers lounge, but since neither is hugely impressive (and they probably share the same lounge in JFK) its a non-issue.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
As I understand it you dont get to keep the pjs with ANA. you do with Asiana. easy choice for me
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

I believe both are excellent and would not hesitate to take either. Having said that, I consider NH slightly better in every respect, so everything else being equal (destination, connections, timing, etc.), I would definitely choose NH.
NH slightly better in every espect ? I don't think so. I had done both.

OZ has better amenity kit (bvlgari), what NH has ?

OZ has PJ you keep, can you do that on NH ?

OZ has thank you gift end of flight, what does NH give you ?

It is all about if one likes Korean or Japanese food better. However, I do give an edge on NH's mid-flight snack selection.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
NH slightly better in every espect ? I don't think so. . .

OZ has better amenity kit (bvlgari), what NH has ?

OZ has PJ you keep, can you do that on NH ?

OZ has thank you gift end of flight, what does NH give you ?
I'll give you that -- if one is looking for souvenirs, OZ has the advantage. (Those PJs, while horrible to sleep in, made a great Halloween costume!)

For a flight experience, I stick with NH in all important respects -- better seat, better service, better food, better entertainment, better overall atmosphere.

Unless, I suspect, one is Korean.

But as I said, I find both products to be excellent and would not hesitate for a moment to fly either. The differences are small. Unless you want souvenirs -- then it's OZ all the way!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.