Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Joining *A--But March 1st?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k

Flew to Columbia last week and flew Avianca (Wonderful Airline by the way), and as I am checking in at MIA I noticed that Avianca is right next to and included in the other *A airlines. They even have the poster in front of their check in-you know the one with the carriers of *A listed. I ask at check in if they are official yet and the woman tells me that I just missed getting miles. After March 1st I would have gotten credit on *A.

This is the first I heard that it is complete--didnt they just announce in Nov or Dec 2010?

This is a great addition. monitors in the headrests--lots of entertainment choices. food service in all classes on short flights.

Then of course once back in the US I had to fly US AIR and it was a total BUCKET--no monitors--no food, no smiling faces--for 5 hours!!! I hate flying in the US. just hate it.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
AV's new FF program, combined with TACA, launches March 1. The program will be called "Life Miles" but I'm not sure what the agent meant that you "just missed getting miles." It has been announced that AV/TA will have agreements with some *A FF programs, but their integration into *A probably won't be complete until next year. Perhaps after March 1 you could have credited your miles to a *A partner, but as of now no one knows who those partners will be, what earning rate, etc.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The integration with CO/UA - both codesharing and FF reciprocity - is expected to happen on April 1.

The full integration into *A is expected in Spring 2012.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by globe_spinner
Flew to Columbia last week and flew Avianca (Wonderful Airline by the way), and as I am checking in at MIA I noticed that Avianca is right next to and included in the other *A airlines.
However, where AV located in MIA (J pier) also have LA, which is one world, and then also have AB, JM/BW. CO on the other hand use H pier instead with DL. Not to mention MIA still lack of a lounge all star carriers can use.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
The integration with CO/UA - both codesharing and FF reciprocity - is expected to happen on April 1.

The full integration into *A is expected in Spring 2012.
Any update on this?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
Avianca *A Join Date ?

Any further word on this or on when FF reciprocity with UA/CO starts ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.