Star Gold Lounge Madrid

Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:17 pm

US uses a contract lounge at MAD for Envoy pax. I doubt that will have changed; it's much closer to the gate than the JK lounge was anyway. Guessing Y pax are out of luck.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Just in the lounge Feb 1 prior to MAD-PHL flight - snacks, drinks, large pretty space with big windows - no problem as Star Gold getting in.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
In MAD there are two Aena lounges/contract lounges that LH SENs can use. I assume this is also valid for *G on LH operated flights, not sure about other metal. One is at the C gates, the other at the E gates, both have a very poor selection of snacks and some basic drinks, but are quite spacious and quiet. No free wireless.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:56 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Do any of them have showers? I will be arriving from JFK on IB (Y unfortunately) and connecting in MAD with TK in J to IST. I assume that TK uses these lounges for their J pax as well.
Old May 26, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There is a lounge in T2 for *G in May 2012

I was just there yesterday! I searched on this forum and did not find very precise information for post-Spanair-closure.

The good news is there is a very nice lounge just upstairs from D60, something like "Lounge Alcalá." It has pretty good sandwiches and snacks, drinks, coffee, good service, and they did not even bat an eye when I showed them my UA card for my economy class ticket.

No free Wifi, though. I did not notice whether there was a shower.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
The Alcalá lounge is the old JK lounge. Almost nothing changed, only better snacks. As in old JK lounge, there is free internet but you have to use the PCs they have or ask for a cable - there's no free wifi and there is no shower.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:12 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I was through there recently (T2). Aside from the no wifi, the lounge is quite spacious with great natural light.

If you look closely at the star alliance cosmetic at the check in desk, you can see black tape over where the Span Air logo likely once was.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Smile Madrid Lounges T123

Lounge updates:

* All*A G flying on *carriers on the same day can use the former JK lounge located in front of Relay Newspaper shop near gate D 60. It is pretty much the same as in old days, so OK for a quick snack.
This is only departure lounge.

* If you arrive on US, UA or other Star members directly from non-Schengen countries, you are not able to use any lounges if you are not connecting, at that case you should use the lounge D60.

* If you depart from T1, once through the customs, you can only use the airport AENA lounges at gates A,B.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Hi again
Flying out of Barajas in a couple of days, and I was wondering how the lounge situation was.

I did a search on staralliance.com, and with my *G status it seems I have access to FOUR lounges:

Puerta de Alcalá in T2 (opposite gate D60)
AENA Cibeles Lounge in T1 (near gate B26)
Lounge Velasquez in 'Intl Terminal'
AENA Puerta del Sol Lounge between T2 and T3 (1st floor, boarding area, near E69)

So - which of the lounges will I have access to, flying intra-schengen -- and which one is the best?

Google searches yield little in terms of photos or TRs.

Thanks!

(search results viewable here: http://www.staralliance.com/loungeFi...H&From=Madrid+[MAD]%2C+Spain&fromLat=&fromLon=&To=Copenhagen+[CPH]%2C+Denmark&toLat=&toLon=&fromCountry=&toCountry=& ffpClass=EuroBonus&showLoungeCode=submit&cabinClas sCode=&ffpName=EuroBonus&ffpStatus=EuroBonus+Gold& paidClassCode=&airline= )
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:23 am

Ok, I emailed Barajas directly, and I concur with my own investigations from Lufthansa's and SAS' websites: Puerta del Sol and Puerta de Alcalá are the two STar Gold lounges at Barajas.

Buenos días,

Volando con la Compañía SAS y siendo miembro de las tarjetas GOLD Star Alliance, puede utilizar Sala Puerta de Alcalá T2 o Sala Puerta del Sol T3.

Saludos,
Suni Mondragón Gismero
Coordinadora Salas VIP T1, T2 y T3
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
But, above all, is free WIFI still not available?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:36 am

There's one hour of free wifi available and PCs with "unlimited" internet available. I'll report on how the free hour works quite soon (i.e. MAC address blocked, voucher codes with expiration, email, etc.)

More information about the lounges:

Estimado Sr.,

En respuesta a su mail, y de acuerdo a su solicitud de información sobre Servicio VIP en este Aeropuerto, pongo en su conocimiento que las Salas VIP de este Aeropuerto se encuentran ubicadas en la zona de embarque, ya que son Salas de salida.

Este servicio incluye acceso a Sala VIP compartida, pastelería, productos sin azúcar, bebidas y snacks en autoservicio para consumo en Sala, (sándwiches de la marca Rodilla de distintos sabores, ensaladas, fruta variada cortada , yogures naturales y de sabor fresa y snacks como, aceitunas, galletitas saladas , panchitos , patatas fritas... Todo tipo de refrescos como zumos (naranja, tomate, piña, melocotón), coca cola normal y light, fanta de naranja y de limón, soda, bitter, ginger ale, tónica, agua mineral sin gas y con gas, batidos de vainilla y chocolate, varias marcas de cervezas con alcohol y sin alcohol además de bebidas alcohólicas de distintas marcas (whisky, ron, vodka, vermouth, vino blanco y vino tinto, pacharán, coñac, champagne), prensa para utilizar dentro de la Sala y servicio de información de vuelos por megafonía y monitor.

Una hora de WIFI gratuito y ordenadores con conexión a Internet x tiempo ilimitado.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:59 am

Just to report back: you get a voucher for 30 minutes of internet. After that you probably have to ask for another one. A horrible solution.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by Everest
Ok, I emailed Barajas directly, and I concur with my own investigations from Lufthansa's and SAS' websites: Puerta del Sol and Puerta de Alcalá are the two STar Gold lounges at Barajas.
I was in the *A lounge in T2 back in August. The lounge is really dated with not many amenities. In general, other than the new T4 MAD looks like an airport in a third-world country rather than a major European capital.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Everest
Just to report back: you get a voucher for 30 minutes of internet. After that you probably have to ask for another one. A horrible solution.
I always ask for two at the beginning, never had a problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.