Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Status Wrong

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
Star Alliance Status Wrong

Has anyone else had a problem with their Star Alliance status being different from their UA status. Earned 1P last month, I took a flight on CO today and they are still showing me as *AS not *AG. Does it take several months to update between airlines. I wrote Mileage Plus Support,but that might take weeks for an answer Also havent recweived my new card should I pester them about that too?

Tom
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Have you purchased your ticket before or after you became 1P?
That might have to do with status incorrectly showing on BP.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
Definately After... I'm thinking that the airline computers only talk once a month or so for downloads. There really isnt any perks , since flying armed I go on first anyways and over night trips don"t require luggage.

WHew Hew.. As I typed...my wife handed me my Mileage Plus Premier Executuve card from the mailbox.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Hit 1P on Oct 30. Last week, flew 2 segments on US and 1 segment on AC. US still had me as *S, but AC had me as *G. The odd thing is that I had called US to get a premium seat assignment and they confirmed over the phone that their records showed I was *G, but it didn't reflect when I checked in at the airport on consecutive days.

I wrote 1Pvoice and they confirmed that my status should show *G for all partners. I have 2 segments next week on CO, so we'll see what happens there.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Just as an update, I just called CO to check my *A status for upcoming flights on Thur and they informed me that my record still reflects *S. They also told me there is nothing they can do to update my status, as it is UA's responsibility. Of course, UA just confirmed that they transmitted my updated *G status to all partners, including US and CO - who have yet to get the message, apparently - and that there is nothing they can do since CO should have received the information and once CO has it, it's their responsibility to update their systems.

So now there is a huge black hole between UA and US/CO in which my *G status is just floating around in limbo and nobody is willing or able to try to fix it. At least it's not a big deal on CO, which (i'm told) is just a big Elite cattle call to board.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
So now there is a huge black hole between UA and US/CO in which my *G status is just floating around in limbo and nobody is willing or able to try to fix it. At least it's not a big deal on CO, which (i'm told) is just a big Elite cattle call to board.
if they do separate star gold and silver when boarding, just have ur 1p card ready to show them
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
Originally Posted by kkjay77
Have you purchased your ticket before or after you became 1P?
That might have to do with status incorrectly showing on BP.
I bought the ticekt to SIN when I was 2P, when I got to SIN, UA already recognized me as a 1P, when I check-in in SIN for the flight back to US, UA employee gave me the paper for access to the UA lounge. It was nice, and the first time I went to the lounge with my own status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.