Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona--Las Ramblas to Parc Guell Sitges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Barcelona--Las Ramblas to Parc Guell Sitges

Staying at Le Meridien on Las Ramblas would like to reavel to Parc Guell cheaply.there are two of us.Any ideas.
Might want to do a day trip to Sitges-public transit is prefered.
Also,we will be there for a week-any transit discount cards?
Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:47 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
for travel in the city - the TMB system is easy - the T10 card gives you ten single journeys for a discounted price. http://www.tmb.net/en_US/home.jsp

sitges - take the train from Sants, 30 mins and also fair price, just make sure you don't miss the last one back, or it'll be Euro 70 in a taxi.

have fun
Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Metro from Las Ramblas to Parc Guell is really easy. Just take Line # (Green) from Placa Catalunya to Lesseps (direction: Canyelles)

If you're visiting the park by metro be prepared for at least a 20 min walk. The last 200 m walk is up a steep hill. If you have difficulties going up steep steps then a taxi or bus may be a better means of transport. You'll find bus information at the tourist information office at Placa de Catalunya.

Metro stop "Lesseps" (Green Line, L3) On leaving the metro follow the street signposts for the park
Open hours form 10:00 (closing time varies for different times of year but is normally around 19:00).
Entrance Fee - Free

Here is a map of the metro

As GK mentions, the 10 trip ticket is the way to go. Easy to get around the city. A beautiful walking city.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:06 pm

Is better to leave line 3 (green) at Vallcarca instead of Lesseps. It's closer and from there, you can take the escalators that connect metro station with park's west entrance.

If you want to walk even less, leave the Green line at Passeig de Gràcia and take the bus #24, that has a stop next to the park's east entrance
(but be careful with pickpockets)

As GK says, a T10 is the better way to save money. It allows you to change for free from metro to bus (and vice versa) or from bus to bus within 75 minutes from first ride. A single ticket doesn't allow connections.

Park is open longer that guides say (my gym is next to east entrance, and you can go jogging to the park from 8am)

Sitges is better reached by train. Until the general election day (9th March), commuter trains to the airport and south of BCN (Sitges and Vilanova) are free, because services are affected by the works of a new high speed line. There is not a clear schedule for the return of paid journeys.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sioFont
Until the general election day (9th March), commuter trains to the airport and south of BCN (Sitges and Vilanova) are free, because services are affected by the works of a new high speed line. There is not a clear schedule for the return of paid journeys.
I was wondering about this. I took the train from BCN last week and was just given a ticket. I was pretty suspicious at first until the guy at the ticket counter told me it was free...and it worked.

As for getting to Guell, I took the metro to Sagrada Familia, walked up towards the hospital (along Avenida Gaudi?), and then zig zagged to the Parc. It was a fun walk. Another fun thing is to climb the hill/mountain above the Parc.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
One correction to GK's post (we'll forgive him since he's pretty new to these parts): after the train stops running there is a bus that runs every hour all night. It leaves from Sitges center and drops you at the foot of the Ramblas. Takes about 30 minutes, with no intermediate stops. I actually prefer it to the train.

Let me know when you're in town and I can show you around if you like.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by DukieDrew
As for getting to Guell, I took the metro to Sagrada Familia, walked up towards the hospital (along Avenida Gaudi?), and then zig zagged to the Parc. It was a fun walk. Another fun thing is to climb the hill/mountain above the Parc.
It's really a fun walk! There is not much to see for a tourist, but it's a walk I recommend. (but I am absolutely partial, as I live in this area, close to another park connected to Park Guell, and I love it a lot)

Did you know that official name for Park Güell is with 'park' written in English? This is because Gaudí was inspired by English garden cities. And later, during Franco dictatorship, this Gaudí's inspiration was invoked to maintain the name, that sound like in Catalan, instead of change it to Spanish, as Franco did with all the nomenclature.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I believe I walked the majority of the distance from Las Ramblas to Parc Guell.

After the long walk, the hill right before you get to the park was unwelcomed Luckily, the last part of the hill consist of elevators.

Here's a picture I took from the top of the hill looking down.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:20 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Originally Posted by alanw
One correction to GK's post (we'll forgive him since he's pretty new to these parts): after the train stops running there is a bus that runs every hour all night. It leaves from Sitges center and drops you at the foot of the Ramblas. Takes about 30 minutes, with no intermediate stops. I actually prefer it to the train.

Let me know when you're in town and I can show you around if you like.
i chose not to recommend it.. late night bus, being left in the middle of town, urgh, no thanks, cab everytime for me !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.