Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Travel Medical Insurance for Spain with Canadian visa.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: c

Hi There,

I am planning to apply for a tourist visa from Toronto Consulate in Canada. I need to submit the travel medical insurance.
I applied for travel insurance from TD and I got TD visa Infinite credit card. I also got a letter from them stating that:

Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy the TD credit card benefits provide coverage for:

Summary of Medical Benefits:

• Sudden or unforeseen illness or injury for Covered Trips of 21 days or less (under 65 years of age) or 4 days orless (65 years of age or older)

• $1,000,000 per Insured Person per Covered Trip for Medical and Hospital Benefits

Summary of Non-Medical Benefits:

• Trip Cancellation up to $1,500 per Insured Person per Covered Trip, to a maximum $5,000 total per Covered Trip for all Insured Persons on the same Covered Trip

• Trip Interruption up to $5,000 per Insured Person per Covered Trip, to a maximum $25,000 total per Covered Trip for all Insured Persons on the same Covered Trip

• Delayed and Lost Baggage to a maximum of $1,000 per Covered Person per Trip

• Auto Rental Collision / Loss / Damage Insurance benefits for rentals of 48 days or less that are charged in full to the TD credit card. Coverage limited to the rental vehicle’s actual cash value plus valid loss of use charges.

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the vehicle cannot exceed $65,000. Certain vehicles are not covered.

Please note:

This confirmation of coverage letter would need to be accompanied by the aforementioned party’s credit card (matching “Coverage Type”) at the time of presentation in order to stand as proof of insurance.

Is this valid as travel medical insurance to apply visa for Spain?

Please help,

Thank You
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: c
Anyone ?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI
I assume you have confirmed that you actually need a visa?

(I don't believe Canadians need a tourist visa, but of course you might not be Canadian).

I've seen the following written:
Medical travel insurance with coverage of at least € 30.000 (approx. CAD $ 50.000) valid for all Schengen Member States. You must provide proof of your medical insurance company providing the following:
It is valid throughout Schengen territory.
The coverage is at least € 30.000 (approx. CAD 50.000)
The coverage includes repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical care and/or emergency treatment in a hospital.
Does your policy provide that?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I assume the OP is NOT a Canadian citizen and is currently staying or living in Canada. Canadians, like US citizens do not need Schengen visa for stays less than 90 days.
http://visaservicescanada.ca/countries/schengen.php

There are several insurance companies that will sell specific Schengen insurance for tourists
This is one of them
https://www.axa-schengen.com/en/trav...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

I know that Allianz insurance also sells insurance. It is fairly inexpensive.
Keep in mind that what may increase the cost is an "all encompassing travel insurance" which you do NOT need for visa. These more broad insurance options include travel delay, luggage, car insurance etc....
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Medical coverage for Spain.

Do you have any pre existing conditions? Your coverage only covers 'unexpected' Are you under 65 years old? If not you will require a detailed medical questionnaire to be completed.Do you have any provincial medical coverage from Canada. Insurers do not want to treat you in a foreign country when thet can transport you to Canada where you have coverage from a provincial health plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.