Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Barcelona recommendations

Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

I'm looking for a friend who is asking me about recommendations of places and areas to stay in Barcelona. They are going for five nights. Anyone have a recommendation on good properties to stay at? Would Las Ramblas be the best area to stay for a first timer? Looking for higher end luxury hotels at good price points. I haven't been to Barcelona in a long time and I am drawing a blank. Also, is there any area of Spain near Barcelona that they could easily visit if they wanted to get outside the city?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I like the Le Meridien, which is on Las Ramblas and near Plaza Catalunya. In the high-end luxury category, the Mandarin Oriental is supposed to be excellent. That and the Majestic are both good options along Passeig de Gracia, which is quite central. Also the Cotton House, which is Marriott Autograph Collection.
They could go up the Costa Brava to different beaches north of Barcelona, or visit Girona, which is a lovely smaller city about 40 minutes from Barcelona by train.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We stayed in a balcony room on the 9th floor of U232, part of a small Spanish chain. We were absolutely delighted and the price was quite reasonable. It's in a quiet neighborhood only a couple blocks walk from the Metro.

http://www.u232hotel.com/
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm looking for a friend who is asking me about recommendations of places and areas to stay in Barcelona. They are going for five nights. Anyone have a recommendation on good properties to stay at? Would Las Ramblas be the best area to stay for a first timer? Looking for higher end luxury hotels at good price points. I haven't been to Barcelona in a long time and I am drawing a blank. Also, is there any area of Spain near Barcelona that they could easily visit if they wanted to get outside the city?
There are so many hotels in BCN so it all depends on the budget. If money is no object then the W would be an excellent choice. For a charming location, somewhere in Barrio Gothic o el Born would be ideal. AVOID Las Ramblas.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
I am looking for a romantic restaurant in BCN for a special occasion.. any recommendations???
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
ABaC and Alkimia are two good high-end options that would be good for a romantic evening. If you are booking far out, you might try Tickets or Disfrutar, but those book up well in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
I am looking for a romantic restaurant in BCN for a special occasion.. any recommendations???
I celebrated my birthday a couple of years ago at Gaig Restaurant. Excellent food, but the service was not quite up to par (perhaps because I don't speak much Spanish and they had to get an English speaking waiter who was working another part of the dining room).

My favorite meal in Barcelona was at PacoMeralgo, an upscale tapas bar. I can't recommend it highly enough).

Please make sure to take a look at this thread:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.