Wiki Posts
Search

Jerez to Ronda or Jerez to Arcos? Transportation & Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Question Jerez to Ronda or Jerez to Arcos? Transportation & Advice Needed

Anyone have a suggestion of how this travel can be done? It looks like the train goes way out of the way to Ronda, and the bus isn't what i'm looking for. Does anyone know of a car service that could be hired for the drive to Ronda?

If Ronda is out of the question because of transportation, do you think Arcos is a good backup? Appreciate hotel/restaurant suggestions for Ronda/Arcos as well.

Thank you.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:18 pm

Arcos is a lovely little town, which we liked better than Ronda.

We did take the bus, however, so I can't help you there.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwoomp
Arcos is a lovely little town, which we liked better than Ronda.

We did take the bus, however, so I can't help you there.
Thanks for the reply. Why did you prefer Arcos over Ronda?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The best way will be a car hire. Is that not a possibility? Driving in Spain is pretty tame, especially outside of the cities.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The best way will be a car hire. Is that not a possibility? Driving in Spain is pretty tame, especially outside of the cities.
Are there companies that do hourly rentals by any chance?

Also, anyone have recommendations on where to stay in Ronda or Arcos?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 100% Green
Also, anyone have recommendations on where to stay in Ronda or Arcos?
I really liked the parador in Ronda. It is set dramatically by a deep gorge. You can walk across the bridge and eat in a restaurant looking into the gorge. Amazing experience.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I really liked the parador in Ronda. It is set dramatically by a deep gorge. You can walk across the bridge and eat in a restaurant looking into the gorge. Amazing experience.
Was leaning towards the parador in Ronda for that very reason (and it would be the only parador during the trip). I was surprised to see on trip advisor it's only ranked the #11 hotel on there in Ronda. And there's no discussion of it on Flyertalk that I could find. The views do look spectacular from it.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:19 am

Ronda is not easy to reach by public transport unless you start from a town to its east on a rail line. From Jerez, it's by bus. I went from Jerez to Arcos last Spring. Some of those buses continued to Ronda. Regional bus consortium site: http://siu.cmtbc.es/en/horarios.php Use the right most column. Today's routes from Jerez to Arcos: http://siu.cmtbc.es/en/horarios_orig...a=14&vuelta=20 Helpful to know: Estacion de Jerez is a bus station next to the train station. Under 'Days' L-V is Lunes (Mon) to Viernes (Fri) only, S-D-F is Sabado (Sat) Domingo (Sun) Festivos (holidays), meaning weekdays, weekends and holidays.

If I remember correctly, the route between Arcos and Ronda and points East is served by tourist oriented bus companies, not regional service ones, such as the above link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.