Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCT in BCN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

MCT in BCN

Hi All - I'm considering booking a one-way flight on Vueling, and I need some advice before doing so.

Leg 1: CDG > BCN
1 hour 5 min layover in BCN
Leg 2: BCN > LPA

I believe Vueling operates out of T1 in BCN. I will not be checking any bags. Because France and Spain are Schengen countries, I don't think I have to worry about passport control at any point.

Barring any unforeseen delays, is the connection time sufficient?

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Sufficient yes. But would this be all under one ticket or separate? If the latter, then consider how you'd be protected if the Cdg leg is delayed.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - I should have said this is all on the same single ticket.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
MCT for Schengen/domestic

I have what should be a fairly easy connection, but would like to get some feedback anyway.

I'm landing at BCN midweek (from ZRH), and just over two hours later departing with Ryanair, domestic. My LH flight has good on time performance, and I am assuming transferring (including collecting checked baggage, checking in again) should be fast (Schengen).
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by dand99
I'm landing at BCN midweek (from ZRH), and just over two hours later departing with Ryanair, domestic. My LH flight has good on time performance, and I am assuming transferring (including collecting checked baggage, checking in again) should be fast (Schengen).
LX, I assume? (Not LH?) You'll arrive at T1. You'll be at luggage delivery within minutes, but don't be surprised if you stand there waiting for 30 minutes before you actually see your luggage.
Then it's a few minutes past customs and down level to the T1<>T2 shuttle bus. Buses go every 5-10 minutes, and the ride takes a good 10 minutes.
I have never checked luggage with Ryanair, but the lines that I see are sometimes long. But once you are checked in, security at T2 is fairly fluid (but unpredictable - waiting time changes from week to week). After security it's maximum 5-10 minutes to the gate. But Ryanair starts boarding very early (and closes earlier than other airlines).

Overall, only risk this if you are OK with buying a new ticket if needed. (And pay Ryanair a few Euros for security fast track at T2.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.