Wiki Posts
Search

Bilbao hotel recommendation ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Bilbao hotel recommendation ?

Slightly OT I know but please indulge - I am whisking mrsdnajockey away for her birthday for a weekend in Bilbao in October, any recommendations for a hotel?

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
CWS has stayed recently at the Hesperia Zubialde, which is by the football stadium and handy for transport links (including the airport bus). Also the Melia Bilbao, which is handy for the Guggenheim.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
http://www.hotelcoliseobilbao.com/?g...FYIW0wodf1QHQQ
s very nice and central
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm going in March for a weekend, so I'm also interested!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The Melia is pretty good by the river and a big park, about 10 minutes walk from the museums. Slightly odd swimming pool up high and outside!

Not sure I'd pay full price for it, but on a cash and points booking it was pretty good. (Sadly they don't through out 2-5k points like confetti as they did a few years back, so a bit harder if you don't have the 2k minimum for the decent discount) An Amex Plat would also get you 3x 20% off vouchers for this year and an upgrade and bogof breakfasts, with those it'd probably be a good deal too
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I've just booked a room in Hotel Carlton after considering Melia and Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao as well.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I recommend the Mercure Bilbao - good access to Guggenheim and the city and usually well priced.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
We are having a few days there in October and after much searching decided upon the Melia.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Melia Bilbao was fine. I'd stay in San Sebastian though.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Please see also this existing thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spain...ao-hotels.html

We enjoyed earlier this year [2016] our stays at the Barcelo Nervion Bilbao and the Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao. Both are wonderful design-led hotels in good locations, especially for the Guggenheim Museum, while Bilbao itself is a beautiful city to visit.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.