Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Barcelona hotel for a 1 day visit and early BCN departure

Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:42 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In September I will be visiting Barcelona for a day visit as the starting point for a flight the day next day. My flight leaves on Saturday at 08:00 so I would need to be at the airport early.
Could any of you recommend what would be a good hotel to stay at?

I will be traveling with some luggage so an easy transport from BCN would be good. Connections to the city for some activities during my arrival day would also be good.

I'm leaning to staying at the Barcelo Sants that is in the station for good transportation options. But looking for any other suggestions as well....
Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's airport bus service to/from Plaza de Catalunya. However, at that hour, traffic shouldn't be bad and taxi fare isn't terribly expensive, so this might be your best option. I prefer some of the boutique hotels on side streets off of Paseo de Gracia, in the area roughly between Plaza de Catalunya and Diagonal. The Gaudi buildings in that neighborhood are fun.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: qantas airnz
We used the excellent bus service in 2015 and luggage was no problem. There is free wifi on board & they are very reliable. Looks like the service starts at 5am. http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/timetable
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:55 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks.... I've seen the bus schedule and taxi prices, so both are options. I'll start looking at hotels this weekend.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I prefer some of the boutique hotels on side streets off of Paseo de Gracia, in the area roughly between Plaza de Catalunya and Diagonal. The Gaudi buildings in that neighborhood are fun.
+1. We stayed at the Hotel Petit Palace Museum last year. It's a stone throw from Plaa de Catalunya and within walking distance of many places of interest and numerous restaurants, and an easy taxi ride to the airport.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:14 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks. Hotels in Barcelona sure are pricy.... I now have to decide if I will make a quick stopover for one night or maybe enjoy a day or two. If I need to be spending €200+ on a hotel I might as well enjoy it :-).
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We stayed here at U232 in May and really liked it. The terrace rooms will run you $200 but lower floors are 20% less. The Metro was only 2 blocks walk and the neighborhood is quiet.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:09 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks... that seems like a great suggestion and the rates are actually not that bad for the date I'm looking at (€120 for the smallest room).
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by RTW1
Thanks... that seems like a great suggestion and the rates are actually not that bad for the date I'm looking at (120 for the smallest room).
Our favorite restaurant in Barcelona is just a few blocks from that hotel.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I second Paco Meralgo!
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Something in Placa d'Espanya, the first stop of the Aerobus. 15 mins to the airport
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:15 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks again... will stop procrastinating and start booking :-).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.