Wiki Posts
Search

Easiest Suggested Way to make it to El Capricho in Leon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Easiest Suggested Way to make it to El Capricho in Leon

I am planning a trip from Toronto to Madrid, just to make it over to a restaurant named, El Capricho in Leon, for one night to try the steak. This restaurant is apparently in Jimenez de Jamuz,a small village near La Bañeza, in Leon.

So, the sole purpose of the trip is to go to this restaurant and stay near by. What do you recommend in terms of logistics for transportation and hotel location? I really rather not rent a car as I a bit of a nervous driver if foreign countries, but I guess there is no other practical option? Is my best landing point Madrid from Toronto? Where should I stay the night in terms of convenience?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You're going to have to do the last bit by car, but you can get a train as far as León.

Though really, it's quite an easy drive of about 3 hours from Madrid on the A6 and pretty much all motorway.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
You're going to have to do the last bit by car, but you can get a train as far as León.

Though really, it's quite an easy drive of about 3 hours from Madrid on the A6 and pretty much all motorway.
Thank you! I guess I will rent a car
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by blueline7
Thank you! I guess I will rent a car
I agree with LupineChemist that a rental car is the easiest option. No need to be nervous about the drive, which is very easy on a good motorway.

However, if you really want to avoid driving, you can get a direct bus from T4 of MAD airport to La Bañeza (and I guess a taxi between La Bañeza and the restaurant). You can book the bus in www.alsa.es
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
I agree with LupineChemist that a rental car is the easiest option. No need to be nervous about the drive, which is very easy on a good motorway.

However, if you really want to avoid driving, you can get a direct bus from T4 of MAD airport to La Bañeza (and I guess a taxi between La Bañeza and the restaurant). You can book the bus in www.alsa.es
Many thanks for your response!

Does anybody have any particular favorites for hotels nearby the restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.