Search

Madrid airport hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Madrid airport hotel

Hi there

Can someone tell me if there is an airport hotel at Madrid that is either directly connected or walkable.....something that doesn't need a shuttle bus to get to.

We're coming into Terminal 4 very late at night.

Many thanks in advance
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
only used the hilton myself. does need a shuttle but i have found it to be very quick.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Barajas is a bit of a nuisance in that respect, particularly T4. T1-3 have a few walkable, but that means going through carparks and underpasses.

My approach is to choose a hotel very close to the metro line - even in the city centre if necessary - and use that. The service frequency isn't brilliant but it's to a timetable so it's not an entirely bad option.

I have also stayed at the Hilton near there, but it does involve one of those wait-a-while shuttles so I'd probably only do it for a mid morning departure.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:31 am

What time do you arrive? I've used the Crowne Plaza before where the shuttle runs until 11pm I think. It's not the quickest but has worked well enough for me. Rates can be excellent at c.£35 per night.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Hilton is really a very pretty hotel (I lived there for a few months), but like all hotels there you're going to have to take a shuttle. The bar is a great place to hang out with cabin crew, though probably less fun if you're not on your own
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
Madrid Hotel

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
What time do you arrive? I've used the Crowne Plaza before where the shuttle runs until 11pm I think. It's not the quickest but has worked well enough for me. Rates can be excellent at c.£35 per night.
+1 ^ CP worked well for me, even getting in late.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Rungs 24hrs but after 23.00 it's on request, and you might be in for a long wait.

Meliá's shuttle runs very frequent, serves TRYP and Gran Meliá
(TRYP is somewhat similar to CP, I haven't stayed at GM)
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Cabs are €30 fixed into the city centre and would take 20 minutes late at night - and Madrid is a late night kind of place so I would really just head into town to a hotel and have some tapas and Rioja!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
At MAD, everything requires a shuttle. I prefer staying in the centre of Madrid and taking the metro. There's a Holiday Inn not far from the Nuevos Ministerios terminus of the airport metro line.

The Crowne Plaza and Hilton near MAD are both fine, but I've found their shuttle services to be a bit hit-or-miss. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you are waiting what feels like hours.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Barajas

Thanks everyone - we were on a flight that was due to get in around 10.30pm but has now been reschedule to get in at 12.30am!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I used the Silken Puerta - prebookable shuttle (I was the only one in it) that takes about 10 minutes.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I would agree with the suggestions to go into the city, but if the metro is still running when you arrive and you want to be nearer the airport, as another option there are Novotel and Pullman hotels next to Campo de las Naciones metro, which is only 3 stops from T4.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:51 am

Don't forget that the Velazquez lounge is open 24hrs and there's a room where you can relax or sleep on the loungers.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Last time I was in Madrid, I stayed at a hotel in Barajas, one stop away from the airport. There is/was a Best Western within a block or two of the Barajas stop, but I stayed at the Ibis a few more blocks away.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Don't forget that the Velazquez lounge is open 24hrs and there's a room where you can relax or sleep on the loungers.
This is really interesting. I am doing an ex-eu through Madrid next month, and am arriving late into MAD and leaving early the next morning.

I'm BA Silver, so can I check-in for my flight back to London in the evening, and then head to the Velazquez lounge, instead of paying for a hotel?

Would be great if this was an option, as I begrudge paying for a hotel for 9 hours...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.