Search

Madrid airport hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Funnily enough, I have a video of a person in that shower. What a small world.
Oh PM me a link!

I decided to try the Hilton for my next MAD layover. It will be interesting to contrast that with the CP.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Leaving Australia at 14.50, arriving Madrid at 10.40 the next day and leaving again (for Lisbon on Iberia) at 08.50 the day after.

With almost a full day there will be lots of sightseeing to do but we will no doubt be tired before we even arrive. Assuming we need to be back at the airport at say 07.00 (too early?), where would you recommend we stay and what transport arrangements would be best? Which area/which hotel recommendations would both be welcome (Hilton and Accor Diamond, Club Carlson and Starwood Gold, but we rarely stay in chain hotels preferring more individual ones!).

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Leaving Australia at 14.50, arriving Madrid at 10.40 the next day and leaving again (for Lisbon on Iberia) at 08.50 the day after.

With almost a full day there will be lots of sightseeing to do but we will no doubt be tired before we even arrive. Assuming we need to be back at the airport at say 07.00 (too early?), where would you recommend we stay and what transport arrangements would be best? Which area/which hotel recommendations would both be welcome (Hilton and Accor Diamond, Club Carlson and Starwood Gold, but we rarely stay in chain hotels preferring more individual ones!).

Thanks!
Probably the most convenient in your specific case would be to stay in Barajas (1 Metro stop from either T1-2-3 or T4/T4S). This gives you the option to use either an airport shuttle that does not take forever to arrive or just use the one stop metro connection followed by a short walk (metro starts running at 6am).

From Barajas you have rather easy access to the city center using the metro and changing at either Nuevos Ministerios, Colombia or Mar de Cristal onto a metro line that gets you close to the place you want to visit in the city center.

I can recommend both Melia hotels in Barajas (Melia Barajas or Tryp) but there are also plenty of other both chain as well as boutique style hotels to be found there.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by noturbulence
Probably the most convenient in your specific case would be to stay in Barajas (1 Metro stop from either T1-2-3 or T4/T4S). This gives you the option to use either an airport shuttle that does not take forever to arrive or just use the one stop metro connection followed by a short walk (metro starts running at 6am).

From Barajas you have rather easy access to the city center using the metro and changing at either Nuevos Ministerios, Colombia or Mar de Cristal onto a metro line that gets you close to the place you want to visit in the city center.

I can recommend both Melia hotels in Barajas (Melia Barajas or Tryp) but there are also plenty of other both chain as well as boutique style hotels to be found there.
With more than 1 person a taxi is easily cheaper than the metro with the airport supplement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.