Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Best way to use my points to Spain / Vegas from NYC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: N/A

Given my point balances below, can anyone please advise on the best use of my miles for the following itinerary: NYC - Spain (Ibiza) - Las Vegas - NYC

This trip would be in June.

Thank You!

Chase UR: 206,000
US Airways: 41,889
Citi ThankYou: 99,000
American Airlines: 124,000
BA Avios: 190,000
United Mileage Plus: 65,369
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
A lot depends on availability of mileage awards, and at what level (eg Milesaaver or Aanytime with American). I will say the BA Avios ones are tricky if you fly through London due to ridiculous mileage surcharges. IMHO avoid using those or you'll add on a few hundred dollars.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Plat, AA Plat, United Sil, Delta, Hertz PC, National ExecEl
Can't remember if it's possible, but try moving those Avios from BA to Iberia and then booking award ticket from NYC to Madrid - (If I remember right, should cost about 40k miles and maybe $200 in fees for economy).

and then using Iberia, try for Madrid to Ibiza? Again, all this if there isn't an nyc <-> ibiza direct.

American is probably your next best bet, considering the routes.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
You can book as one ticket on American/Iberia/BA with codeshare. I imagine you can on other airlines, but I haven't tried. To get it on American/Iberia without London surcharges, you'll most likely need to call for an agent's help. I did this last summer for Mallorca and it worked. I used miles, and my total fees were less than $100.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by spainlover
You can book as one ticket on American/Iberia/BA with codeshare. I imagine you can on other airlines, but I haven't tried. To get it on American/Iberia without London surcharges, you'll most likely need to call for an agent's help. I did this last summer for Mallorca and it worked. I used miles, and my total fees were less than $100.
Thanks! ill surely do this and ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.