Toledo Advise

Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Toledo Advise

After a 17 day visit to Scandinavia in May, I (plus Hubby and another couple) will fly to Madrid and stay in Toledo for 5 days. We will be staying in an apartment in the center of town. We will have a car as the apartment has a parking space.

One of the days we plan to take a day trip to the "Land of Don Quixote". We would like to visit a winery (or two) that day. Does anyone have any suggestions on wineries? Most research indicates that reservations must be secured in advance. We live in the Sierra foothills wine area of CA and prefer reds.

Tentative plans to visit Consuegra to see the windmills that day. Any other towns or sights we should visit?

Also, any hidden gems in Toledo? Restaurants for tapas, sights, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
No advice on wineries, but some suggestions on Toledo:

Restaurants in Toledo
La Abadia (www.abadiatoledo.com) - a favorite of mine and of my family that lives in Toledo
Locum
Hierbabuena -- amazing views, located on the Circunvalacion del Valle
Very traditional -- Adolfo, Casa Aurelio, Hostal del Cardenal

Sights
Catedral
Alcazar
Puente de San Martin
Puente de Alcantara
Puerta de Bisagra
Mezquita Cristo de la Luz
Hospital de Santa Cruz
Monasterio San Juan de los Reyes
Sinagoga del Transito
Sinagoga de Santa Maria La Blanca
Museo del Greco
Museo del Ejercito
Plaza de Zocodover

Sweets -- must get some Mazapan - Santo Tome is most famous

Walk the Circunvalacion del Valle (or run it if you are a runner)

A couple nice spots for drinks
Picaro
Virtudes Caffe Bar & Music
El Trebol

Keep in mind for driving that the streets are VERY narrow!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.