Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Espaņa ~ July

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, United MileagePlus, JetBlue TrueBlue, Frontier, Iberia Plus
Smile Espaņa ~ July

Hello Everyone,

So my husband and I are heading out to my mother land for 2wks in July. Your thoughts, recommendations for restaurants, entertainment or traveling tips are very much appreciated.
All our hotels are booked already so here we go:

7/3-7/5 Madrid (taking train to Pamplona after)
7/5-7/8 Pamplona (Festival de San Fermin)- Yes, He's running with the bulls. Have balconies reserved already.(taking train to Barcelona after)
7/8-7/11 Barcelona (flying down to Malaga in the evening)
7/11-7/14 Malaga/Granada (Driving the rest of the trip. Rented car up to Granada (Coastal view) Only 1.5hrs. Granada didn't offer a variety in car options. Malaga did)
7/14-7/17 Sevilla/Cordova (drive back up to Madrid)
7/17-7/18 Madrid

Thanks
L.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:27 am

What are your interests? Are you looking for a trip that's more cultural, culinary, history-focused, etc.? A bit more information would make it much easier to give you recommendations.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by Lilly7
Hello Everyone,

So my husband and I are heading out to my mother land for 2wks in July. Your thoughts, recommendations for restaurants, entertainment or traveling tips are very much appreciated.
All our hotels are booked already so here we go:

7/3-7/5 Madrid (taking train to Pamplona after)
7/5-7/8 Pamplona (Festival de San Fermin)- Yes, He's running with the bulls. Have balconies reserved already.(taking train to Barcelona after)
7/8-7/11 Barcelona (flying down to Malaga in the evening)
7/11-7/14 Malaga/Granada (Driving the rest of the trip. Rented car up to Granada (Coastal view) Only 1.5hrs. Granada didn't offer a variety in car options. Malaga did)
7/14-7/17 Sevilla/Cordova (drive back up to Madrid)
7/17-7/18 Madrid

Thanks
L.
Malaga / Sevilla in July? Oh boy - have you checked average temperatures? July in Spain for me is usually BCN, Basque country, Asturias. God forbid South (Andalusia) - 40Cs are beyond my limit.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, United MileagePlus, JetBlue TrueBlue, Frontier, Iberia Plus
Yes, I'm aware the temperatures will be high and we're more than okay with it granted I have plenty of sunscreen. I'm Caribbean myself and it doesn't bother us. Nothing a swimming pool can't cure, very light clothes and a cap.

My interests are the culture, nightly entertainment, flamenco, best restaurants, even hanging out with the locals. Sometimes is those small little hole in the wall restaurants from a local small town that has the best to offer rather than the big commercial overpriced establishments.
As to my husband his priority is Pamplona due to Festival de San Fermin and Hemingway hence why going that time of the year.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:42 am

The south would be great for nightlife/entertainment that time of year. I'd recommend taking a "When in Rome" approach and taking a siesta around midday. Either that or follow your own advice and stick to the swimming pool/beach and loads of sunscreen! Then go out at night when its cooler and all the local people are out too.

The coast/Malaga should be fine and great beach weather in July, but Granada, Cordoba and Sevilla can get oppressively hot. A lot of local people in those cities actually go off to summer homes on the beach or in the mountains to get away from the heat.

If you're interested in the small town, hole in the wall spots, I'd recommend checking out some of Andalusia's villages -- the White Villages, Nerja, etc. The weather there would be better, they're beautiful, and they'll be accessible since you're renting a car for that part of the trip.
Old May 2, 2015, 6:38 pm
Suspended

just forget about Malaga and Sevilla and go to Granada, its the best ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.