Spain Itinerary - Please Critique

Here is what I am thinking. Your thoughts please

June 17 - 20 - Madrid
June 20 - 22 - Grenada
June 22 - 24 - Seville
June 24 - 26 - San Sebastian
Jun 26 - 30 - Barcelona
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Actualy looks like a prety good itinerary.
A few more days and you can squeeze Bilbao in next to San Seb. but that's it.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:46 pm

Agree with barte! It's a good itinerary. As opposed to most first itineraries, you're realistic on the days needed in capitals
^
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:04 am

Looks like a fun itinerary. How are you planning to get from Seville to San Sebastian, though? That could be a very long day's travel, since you're going from several hours south of Madrid to the northern coast. And be careful with your spelling of Granada -- Grenada is in the Caribbean!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Looks like a great itinerary. I was going to say the same thing as JR14, though. If you go in that order, I'd suggest flying Sevilla to San Sebastian (though not sure if there is a direct flight). You could also try flying into Sevilla or Granada, then doing the other next, heading north to Madrid, then to San Sebastian, then to Barcelona. It would reduce travel time, although it might cost more to fly into Sevilla/Granada vs Madrid.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
thanks for the responses. flying from seville to san sebastian on vueling for 50 euros with a stop in madrid.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I would just take the direct SVQ-BIO flight and take the bus from there.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I would just take the direct SVQ-BIO flight and take the bus from there.
That would probably be the easiest! Depends on if the flights are already booked, of course.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:19 am

My suggestion: on your way from Granada to Seville stop in Antequera, a very pretty and authentic Andalusian town with a nicely located medieval castle, steep streets and small authentic restaurants where they see a tourist once in a week, really nice place!

Here are some images from my visit to Antequera: http://galeria.wyprawa.info/thumbnai...lbum=77&page=3 (sorry, descriptions are in Polish).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tupungato
My suggestion: on your way from Granada to Seville stop in Antequera, a very pretty and authentic Andalusian town with a nicely located medieval castle, steep streets and small authentic restaurants where they see a tourist once in a week, really nice place!

Here are some images from my visit to Antequera: http://galeria.wyprawa.info/thumbnai...lbum=77&page=3 (sorry, descriptions are in Polish).
As of now we are planning to train between these cities. But making a stop like this would be of interest. has anyone done a one way car rental here?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:44 am

Haven't done one-way car rentals here, but I'm sure they're available. And not to complicate things, but another beautiful spot in between Granada and Seville is the mountain village of Ronda (it's probably tougher to get to than Antequera, though).
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:10 am

Antequera is easy to visit regardless of mode of transport. It is near the highway and it is easily reachable by trains.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
It's difficult not to plan another trip when watching this thread and the nice pictures from @tupungato
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:33 pm

Thank you :-)
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: price is a king
I would not go South of Madrid in June unless you're prepared for 40C/100F heat. Rest looks great. mfk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.