Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visiting Barcelona for 36 hours - early flight out

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Visiting Barcelona for 36 hours - early flight out

I will be spending 1 1/2 days in Barcelona on holiday next month. I have a 0650 AM flight out and am trying to determine where to stay. I remember the city being close to BCN, but am debating on an airport hotel with a close connection to the Metro so that I can go back and forth. Taxi costs are not the issue, I am trying to maximize my time but with an early flight am concerned about travel distances to the airport.

All insight or suggestions welcome.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Right outside the Arrivals lounge (T1 and T2) you can find the Aerobus which can take you to Plaza Cataluña in roughly half hour. So to my perspective, the Aerobus makes airport to city very accessible. The Plaza is right next to Las Ramblas and right underneath is the Metro. On a personal note I am doing this next month when I stay at the W, which I can recommend. All told, in the best of scenarios, you can make it from airport to hotel door in about 75mins and I may be exaggerating. For your return, Aerobus will not be available as service begins at 5 or 530am depending on Terminal (per Aerobus website).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I'd recommend just staying in the city. Take the Aerobus in, and on the way back, a taxi due to the early departure. You'll be door-to-door on the way back in less than 30 minutes.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by spainlover
I'd recommend just staying in the city. Take the Aerobus in, and on the way back, a taxi due to the early departure. You'll be door-to-door on the way back in less than 30 minutes.
Yes. The taxi fare from downtown to the airport, assuming no major traffic jams, is reasonable. You might want to ask the hotel to book a taxi for you a day in advance to avoid problems when you need to leave.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as i recall, 50 euro, and 30 min each way by cab. stay in the center of the old city, you do not have much time to commute.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I'd be shocked if it were 50 euros. I paid less than 30 euros two years ago, including tip.

Updated: here is a taxi fare calculator, which gives you an estimate of what you will pay. I put in Airport-Plaça Catalunya at 5 a.m. It came up with 26.81 euros on a weekday and 28.23 euros on a weekend.

Last edited by spainlover; Jan 27, 2015 at 10:30 pm Reason: New info
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

maybe it was 30 euro. i do not do the best recollecting any more. both ways were metered rates, but perhaps the driver can play with the meter.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the insight and suggestions. I will plan on using the Aerobus, staying in the city, and arranging for a taxi early enough to ensure a timely arrival at the BCN. I've been to Barcelona only once previous and am looking forward to seeing the area again, even if it is only for 36+ hours.

Many thanks! Boodles
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:15 pm

You might want to take the motorcycle sidecar tour around Barcelona. It's so much fun and you'll get a good overview of the City. You can find them http://www.ridebrightside.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.