Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Questions about Palma Airport

Hi,

Two questions if I may...

1) Are there any decent restaurants once airside?
2) Is there any way to buy a CIP package that includes access through the special security line on the ground floor of departures? I've been granted this in the past when flying out in J but we're on FlyBe this time round.

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
1) Regarding your first question I am pretty sure that the answer is no. Or I must have always missed the better places. Burger King or ham/cheese sandwich are the popular choices. If I have to eat at the airport I choose the self-service restaurant right after the security checks on the first floor, opposite the large duty free shop.
BTW, the choices landside are not better. The cafeteria on the ground floor of the parking structure is an experience of sorts ... (and a good meeting point).

2) Not sure about your second question. I remember getting access at the ground floor security line when flying out of certain gates.
Even when crowded I have always found the main security lines on the first floor to be quite well managed and -relatively- fast. I admit it can look like a zoo, but a well-run zoo.)

I have usually found the check-in lines the biggest annoyance in Palma. So try anything you can do to avoid them.

Last edited by Greg45; Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33 am
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:51 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, from recent experience...

1) There's not much. Actually, in the non-Schengen zone (Module A, past passport control) there is arguably a better selection than in the common area immediately after duty-free. Not gourmet, more food court...

2) Don't know, but similarly, I found the main security check to be pretty efficient and well run. Hand-luggage only, so I went straight there and was through in under 5 minutes on a busy Easter Sunday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.