Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Madrid transportation question

Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I have the option of taking a Renfre train from MAD T4 to Piramides, seems to be a direct train. The hotel website and Tripadvisor reports guide me to using the Metro, but with about three train changes. Seems to be a non brainer, but am I doing the right thing considering Renfre?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Search anyone?
Did you look at this thread before posting?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...time-wise.html
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Here is the link to the airport bus.

My son & I used it when we were in MAD over the holidays in Dec. It was very efficient, but the early morning bus was very crowded, as it appears that there are airport employees that were commuting to work.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:25 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I have the option of taking a Renfre train from MAD T4 to Piramides, seems to be a direct train. The hotel website and Tripadvisor reports guide me to using the Metro, but with about three train changes. Seems to be a non brainer, but am I doing the right thing considering Renfre?
Yes, there is a direct train. It would definitely be the recommended alternative if you need to go to Pirmides. The train departs from T4 every 30 minutes (on the 28th and 58th min).

The airport train has only been working since September, so the hotel website and TripAdvisor probably just haven't been updated.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andreadbc
Yes, there is a direct train. It would definitely be the recommended alternative if you need to go to Pirmides. The train departs from T4 every 30 minutes (on the 28th and 58th min).

The airport train has only been working since September, so the hotel website and TripAdvisor probably just haven't been updated.
Thank you so much, we will do the Renfre then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.