Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona Aerocity Shuttle Service?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Barcelona Aerocity Shuttle Service?

Two of us arrive BCN at 0730 after a long, long day from YYZ. Mrs1962 doesn't want to Faff about with buses, trains, and any more walking than necessary to get from El Prat to Hotel Balmes. I see a shared shuttle service offered by Aerocity http://www.aerocity.com/en/ but the Tripadvisor reviews are dreadful at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...Catalonia.html

and the Madrid reviews are just as awful. The reason I'm considering this instead of taking a taxi is that we can pay for Aerocity using TDRewards points and I'm a sucker for paying with points.

Anyone got any experience of Aerocity, or should I follow my gut feeling and avoid them and use the points for tapas instead?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You should follow your gut feeling. Use the aerobus express+taxi or a taxi.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:24 am

I just "simulated" a price to request from the airport to my home, and the express service is more expensive than a taxi. The "non-exclusive" service is about 35% cheaper (unless they charge per person if course).

If price is not important, just take a taxi from the airport. (I can PM you the name of the company that I use. They use only Mercedes E-class and allow credit card payment, but charge the same as the taxis in the queue at the airport.)

If price is important, take the Aerobus to Plaça Catalunya and take a taxi from there, as Palal suggested,.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Iberia Plus, Club Carlson Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
By all mean use the Aerobus service and then, take a taxi from Plaça Catalunya. There are plenty of taxis waiting in front of the big El Corte Inglés building.

Also, do not ever, ever, EVER take the train to get to Barcelona.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by panyafe
The train is ok, but it's not worth your time if you're going to the center.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice, we'll take a taxi to the city, after a long flight from JFK - MRS1962 can't be bothered with all the effort of bus/shuttle/train
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: Aadvantage, British Air/Avios
Koby, Would you PM me the name of the taxi company you use?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by panyafe
Why?
The train is actually the fastest way if you are going to teminal 2 (not international flights) and you are there just the right time (trains every half an hour) For less than 1€ (with T10) and 20 min to city center...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kabobbledog
Koby, Would you PM me the name of the taxi company you use?
+1. Please PM me too. Thx
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jogb
Why?
The train is actually the fastest way if you are going to teminal 2 (not international flights) and you are there just the right time (trains every half an hour) For less than 1€ (with T10) and 20 min to city center...
Going to T2, yes. But going to T1 -- no.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I'm arriving into T1 BCN around 19:30 on a Mon. night in late April and was just comparing the transportation options to Meliá Barcelona Sarrià. Would the Aerobus to Pl. Espanya and then walking to the Metro and riding to Maria Cristina be the best choice for public transportation?

Catching a taxi may be my second choice but thought if it isn't too involved I could manage it travelling light with carry-ons only and save a few euros in the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.