Search

Barcelona for Christmas! Need suggestions for 24 and 25th

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Barcelona for Christmas! Need suggestions for 24 and 25th

Hello!

My wife and I will be in Barcelona from Dec 22 to Dec 26th. Staying in the Gothic Quarter (hotel Denit).

We can probably manage to muddle through on the 22nd and 23rd with walking La Rambla, various Tapas Bars, maybe a tour or so.

What can we do on the 24th and 25th besides stocking up on food ? Can we go to Montserrat ? Is it open on 24th and 25th ? Hard to tell from the site as we don't speak Spanish. Would anyone recommend anything else in Barcelona to do ?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Barcelona is very quiet those two days. Nearly all businesses are closed including restaurants and tourist traps. You may be able to get a reservation at a few places for the 24th but it will be pricey and need to book in advance. Your concierge can probably set something up. Most places will be closed, though we are open both days in Sitges (I think we will be the only ones).

From what I can tell you should be able to get to Montserrat on the 25th, they will be saying mass etc. up there and the train is running on a reduced schedule.

By the evening of the 25th things will be coming back to life and you can find some bars etc open.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanw
Barcelona is very quiet those two days. .
By the evening of the 25th things will be coming back to life and you can find some bars etc open.
Thank you for the info!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by aterug
Hello!

My wife and I will be in Barcelona from Dec 22 to Dec 26th. Staying in the Gothic Quarter (hotel Denit).

We can probably manage to muddle through on the 22nd and 23rd with walking La Rambla, various Tapas Bars, maybe a tour or so.

What can we do on the 24th and 25th besides stocking up on food ? Can we go to Montserrat ? Is it open on 24th and 25th ? Hard to tell from the site as we don't speak Spanish. Would anyone recommend anything else in Barcelona to do ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

My wife and I were in BCN Dec 8th which was the start of their Christmas season. la Rambla was as crowded as the exit after a Bears Game. People watch is a great past time. we then caught a 9 day cruise and will be back in BCN Dec 17 for two days. find a grocery store and get a loaf of good bread, some cheese and meat plus a bottle of winner if you are afraid of not finding a place on the 24 or 25. not speaking Spanish was not a problem for us.

Enjoy the experience
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thor3
My wife and I were in BCN Dec 8th which was the start of their Christmas season. la Rambla was as crowded as the exit after a Bears Game. People watch is a great past time. we then caught a 9 day cruise and will be back in BCN Dec 17 for two days. find a grocery store and get a loaf of good bread, some cheese and meat plus a bottle of winner if you are afraid of not finding a place on the 24 or 25. not speaking Spanish was not a problem for us.

Enjoy the experience
Great! Thank you, we will!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:27 am

I am pretty sure that Montserrat is open on Christmas Day. They also do the very important Misa de Gallo there (Midnight Mass) on Christmas Eve.

As for Christmas day, here you will find a list of the restaurants that will be open: http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...staurants.html.

For an idea on what else you can expect to see in Barcelona at Christmas, have a look at this article: http://www.welcome-to-barcelona.com/...o+Barcelona%29

Donīt forget the 26th is a public holiday in Barcelona as well, so if you need to buy any groceries, I would recommend doing so on the 24th!

Hope I helped!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.