Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe including Turkey > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 4, 11, 8:26 pm   #1

barcelona hotels offer shuttle airport bus?

I was looking at the hotels website and price. I need to find out whether which hotels that offer free shuttle airport bus because I arrive in the Barcelona Airport at late night - at about 10pm. It will be my first time visit there and I have no idea what it looks like. I am worried that the public transports will be closed at late night. So do you know which barcelona's hotels that have own shuttle airport bus??

If not, what other options have you got??

Thanks
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 11, 10:39 pm   #2

Programs: FSPP Virtuoso PENClub RC STARS MO Fan Club Rosewood Elite, & Dorchester Diamond Club TA
Please continue discussion in the Europe forum where there will likely be more traction.

Luxury
Luxury Hotels
Old Nov 5, 11, 5:10 am   #3

Programs: Back to Scandic, SK and AY.
At least the airport (Marriott) Renaissance has a free shuttle. And not only from the airport, but to the city as well. Might be a good option for your first night.
tsastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 11, 5:16 am   #4
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I do not recall seeing buses to downtown hotels, but there is a subway link to the airport. Since Barcelona is active late at night, I would guess that the subway system runs fairly late. However, you might not want to do the subway with luggage or it you look lost or unsure. This city has lots of pickpockets and snatchers but little violent crime. For a first visit, I would pick a hotel in a good city neighborhood and plan to take an official taxi.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote