Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel recommendations & must dos in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Thank you for the tip, I've got our room booked for our final two nights in Spain. As deluxe hotels aren't in the budget, this was just the sort of place I was looking for.
I hope that you have as good as an experience that I did there. The only real (small) thing that I will warn you about is that the place was somewhat difficult to find. The place is on the second floor and has a buzzer. The sign is about 8" x 8" and pretty inconspicuous. Look for the number 6 on the wall or the door. It's kind of like if you think that you have gone too far, you probably have....
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:31 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by localady
Probably one of the best bakeries that I've been to in years is near the SOL underground station...
It's called "La Mallorquina." BTW, Madrid is one of my favorite European cities. The Prado is one of the best Museums in Europe, followed by the D'Orsay in Paris. The Louvre is somewhere behind them. The Reina Sofia Museum has more of the post-1900 art and is also a great museum. Don't miss the Parque Buen Retiro -- a fantastic park with a lot to see for the kids. Also, the Royal Palace is worth a tour. The kids will love the churros con chocolate at Chocolateria San Gines and also at Valor Chocolateria. Beautiful outdoor spaces and parks, it gets dark kind of late and is a great walking city. Really good people watching and nice tapas bars.

The Westin Palace is a very nice hotel. I personally like Hotel Liabeny but it is not what you are looking for. More a businessman's hotel with smaller rooms, centrally located but free internet.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by Hoc
It's called "La Mallorquina." .
Muchas Gracias... Now if somebody could only overnight me some of the almond pastries I'd be in seventh heaven....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.